1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car engine is going off when ac is on at signal stop.

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by ramu_dodda, Jan 24, 2012.

1. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Hi,

When i stopped the CAR at the signal in first gear with AC ON(even in first point) and I try to move the CAR when signal go green,Engine is going Off , then I have to do ignition start to move my CAR and the people at back side of my CAR are honking . This happened couple of times but I ignored thinking that it may be clutch movement problem. this is irritating me and I am stopping the AC everytime when I stop at the signal.

Is this Normal ?? what I think there is more load on engine with AC ON and when you try to move the vehicle from stop position i needs more and hence it is going off. please help me if anybody come across these kind of issues.

Thanks,
    Ram.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Is your car is giving problem of low power even ac is off ?

In my case same situation was there. Only differance was that my car was not stalling. But engine was acting like it is going to be stall
    But was not stalling.

Start thr car,open bonnet,put ac on. Radiator fan of 90 HP operates interminantly.
    Observe the engine behaviour while fan is getting on&off

If your engine is shaking/variation in engine stroke (sign of engine stall) but at next moment engine again comes at smooth idle rpm. Then there is leak in the pipeline of turbocharger

Engine should not shake while radiator fan / Ac compressor is going to on/off

In short at idle rpm, your engine is not able to take load of ac compressor due to boost leak. On idling there is lack of low end torque. That,s why your engine is stalling with ac on even you are in 1st gear.
    I was also facing this type of problem
    Problem solved after changing leaky pipe of intercooler

Pipe was not in stock.
    So they replaced with pipe of Manza Quadrajet 90.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
    2 people like this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    bhai,
    how does the AUTO CLIMATE CONTROL comes into the above scenario for the subjected query ?
  4. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Thanks Bhai for your reply, I dont see any low power issue while moving from Stop position when AC is off. I observed engine is going off when I slow down the car and going over the bumps in 2nd gear. I thought It is my mistake that I have to engage car is first gear when you slow down the car and going over speed breakers.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Not necessary to shift 1st gear if you are not dead stop on speed-braker.

If your car is rolling near/on braker in 2nd gear then car should easily cross braker without engine stall or lugging.

Check the clutch. If your clutch is slipping then you have to shift to 1st gear
    even you are rolling in 2nd car.

I can cruise easily through braker in 2nd gear
    even the speed-braker is on incline.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  6. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    i have recently got changed the clutch kit, i have complained the same to TAS , as usual they connected the Computer and checked , said everything is fine.

when will TAS will improve, they never care about customer problem . they ignore what we say and they think it is our persuption.

when I have full load in the CAR with AC ON , engine is going off If i dont engage in first gear even sometime it goes off when i engage in first gear (with full load, AC ON)

the only change i did in my car was upgraded tyres from 195/60R15 to 205/60R15, is this could be the problem??CAR needs more power on wider tyres with full load hence engine is going off. I will have to restart engine every time. this is painful and loosing respect on my CAR and Fiat.

experts here please help me , what all i need to get checked in my car , these TAS people will not check untill we say . they never trace the problem on their own.

I need your help please.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Could be a possibility of relay being faulty?

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @ramu_dodda
    How much have your car run after the Fuel filter and air filter change. Most probably its some problem with air supply or fuel supply.
    Have your battery health checked too sometimes when engine doesn't get proper voltage and amperage the engine dies. The alternator would not have enough juice at less than idle rpm with Music system, AC blower and radiator/AC fan running. The RPM does fall below idle rpm when starting from first gear if one doesn't give accelerator input would happen even more in your car since it have wider tyres.
    Check that the battery terminals are correctly fitted/tight and clean. Also get the battery load tested at any big battery shop.
  9. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    hi teky, thanks for your reply. what is relay??

Vijay Krishna, thanks for your response. I have recently done 2 Yrs service at 60K, that is the major service they have changed all filters. I have this problem past 1 year even before 2yr service and even after service. Is battery really required even when car engine is ON, i thought it is only to start the engine ,once the engine is ON then battery gets recharged etc. I will get the full load test on battery.

I am also feeling CAR is under powered compared to first 12 months of driving when purchased. I thought it is because of Tyres upgrade 195 to 205 profile but this under power and engine going off problem (when more load is there )started before the Tyre upgrade only.

I strongly feel something went wrong with related to engine parts which gives more power.
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Teky, Obviously when there could be endless other reasons, could this be due to injectors clogging due to fuel quality?
    Or even some air inlet pipes being leaked/loosened & engine is gasping for air??