1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car DVR

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by royj, Aug 28, 2010.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    :oops: oops my bad. I should have realized it.
    That was a special case when there is a strike, the roads are empty like that in this part of the country :mrgreen:
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Heavy rains lashed Trivandrum yesterday and today.

From Car DVR

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H03W-JVPkeY[/youtube]
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Chaos: Very rightly said...
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What is the total cost of this system?

Can you share some more details like:
    - Where did you buy it?
    - Is it easy to install? I mean, too much wiring etc?- I see three wires in your package. 1 is the car charger/power cable. Second one is a Video cable(yellow in color). Where does the third one go. Can you explain some details along with pics of the set up in your car?
    - Total cost?

I think it is a necessary equipment in every car!
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Was bought from ebay GEB. I paid close to 5K for this, had a 10% discount coupon
    I is pretty easy to install. There isn't any wiring involved - you just need to route the charger/power cable from plug point to the camera in which ever convenient way you feel.
    Video cable is for connecting to a TV/Display unit and is required for setting the time on the camera.
    The third one is a USB cable for connecting the camera to a PC. I have not used that ever.
    You need to buy an SD card separately, I think it accepts cards upto 32GB capacity. I use an 8GB one.
    Installing is quite easy, I just pressed the vacuum grip mount onto the windshield and let the camera hang down from there. Connected the charger cable, looped over the rear view mirror and dropped it down in front of the console and took it to the power point. Shall try to put up some pictures in a day or two.
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    More rains and the car going like a boat ::V

7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    This happened about two hours back, captured by my Car DVR on the way back from office.
    An indicab collided head on with a truck. From the look of it seems like a mistake by the indicab guy.
    This is the bye pass road at the junction where the road from Karikkakam temple joins.

8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I bought this cheap FULL HD Car DVR recently for 26 USD. Does Full HD at 24 frames and HD at 30 Frames. Seems to be working fine for now. Got a Sandisk UHS-1 Class 10 32GB mem card separately.

Day light footage is pretty good and night video is not very good but decent under Street lights.

Sucks up 430 Mb for a 3 min video. :eek: I guess a little expensive camera would do better compression but this one works for me.

A 3 min clip from this morning. Nothing special in the video, just posting to give a perspective of the video quality. Watch at Full HD. I'll upload a night clip later.

2 people like this.
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Night footage. Wonder where the Ecosport guy will fix the number plate when he gets one. :confused:

Excuse my honking.

1 person likes this.