1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car DVR

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by royj, Aug 28, 2010.

1. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    This is one gadget my girlfriend wouldnt mind in the car - just to catch me live drive like a mad man. Any night time video?

Anup
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes.. coming soon.
  3. nice gadget to own; ) congrats.
    And yes- it was stunning to see such a video with minimal jerks and shakes. the way I know how Kerala roads are,...this is quite a feat by the Fiat Suspension..! I did experice this during my visit last week and everytime. Those roads which are not paved using automatic road pavers, you really see the difference while driving a fiat, mostly due to its dead weight....
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Here is the night time footage I promised. Part of this is on smooth main road and part on broken side road with feeble street lighting. You can see how smoothly the Punto glides over broken tarmac.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  5. @roy: I also was looking for a similar one. I want to record my drives.. Last day when there was hartal, (all India trade unions strike) I recorded my drive from home to office in my mobile cam, here it is:

I held the camera in portrait orientation and heck, the video appears in the same orientation in youtube.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    WoW royj! It looks awesome. ::T

Yes, Punto has a great suspension and Fiat can use your video for promotion of their cars. ::D
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    just 9 cars, 1 tata ace , 1 auto and many cycle and motorcycles in 2 minutes
    Hope we can get such empty roads everyday
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My MJD FE will finally cross 13kmpl if I get a road like this. An average speed of 19kmph is restricting me at 12.9kmpl. :lol:
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I don't know what makes you think the road was empty. Actually the speeds are pretty low at around 20-25kmph except towards the last few seconds after I overtook the Alto.
    you could have edited the video and changed the orientation before uploading. ::O
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @ royj
    My comment was for clevermax tilted video. :drinks
    I agree about your speeds being low in video ::D

@ PaddleShifter FE would increase as you get adjusted to the car and the engine frees up a bit. I get above 14.5 within Pkl, Chd with AC and above 17 in winters with heater. (Wish there were no summers only winters)