1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car delivered without proper PDI

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by hiren173, Aug 11, 2014.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Did you also opt for Extended Warranty? if so then ask for the EW booklet and EW certificate (most imp). I hope you must have collected the Road tax receipt and the car registration receipt too.
  2. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Congratulations Hiren and welcome to TFI. Sorry to hear about the issues you faced while taking delivery of the car. I sincerely hope that this experience of yours doesn't ruin the adage " Once a Fiat. Always a Fiat". BTW, i also own a Tuscan Wine Punto. :)
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    If you receive a call from Italy, go bonkers. Complain loudly. The feedback goes to FIAT Italy & FIAT India.
    1 person likes this.
  4. mehulmb

mehulmb Timido

Ahmedabad
    Hiren,

This is just the beginning. Product is great, undoubtedly. I regret to say that the dealerships are not or very less interested in after sales support. They did a dent in my car when it was given in first services and there is an issue in front left door which they have to resolve. Pending since last 1 year and 8 months. Don't pity, there is more to add.

I bumped my car in wall while taking it in reverse and damaged my rear left indicator. I got it changed and they had to take off the inner side cover (I will post pics tomorrow for further understanding). Now it is not sitting properly in it's place and keeps coming off. They now say that they do not need to touch it at all to change the indicator panel. As if, it is going to cost them a fortune to get it changed. I am not complaining it loudly but wish that they don't give me hard time to get this done. Even the indicators don't work properly after they replaced the parts following the accident.

As I said, nothing against the car. Company should seriously think about maintaining their reputation which is being ruined by the dealerships.
  5. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    The products themselves are top class, in fact leaders in their segments but the service & general feeling of indifference is a big let down.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Its not done nowadays. Though, a representative from fiat India comes for feedback, I dont think action is taken.
  7. hiren173

hiren173 Timido

Ahmedabad
    From all the reviews, I can summarize that the car is great - undoubtedly... But the dealership and after sales services are very poor, which spoils the company name in the market.
    Now I realised why the resale value of fiat is very low and why most of the second hand dealers advised me not to buy this...

I hope I don't have to say this in future that "kaash...maine unki baat sunn li hoti!!!"...

Fiat guys... wake up...
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Hiren, just try to focus on enjoying the car. All these other things will look trivial to you one day. And atleast here in Mumbai, Maruti Swift or Esteem (till some years back) the older Zen or Honda City too to great extent and popular Hyundai models etc. saw quick sales by dealers. Rest all brands and cars are in the same boat.

Look at Maruti's own Baleno, or Hyundai's Elantra etc. what happened to these nice cars in sales and resales both. One relative of mine sold their Baleno at Rs. 55K (still very low even for a distress sale) because they were in great hurry to buy a new car and no parking space was there.

Just like fast food what sells most, probably has least nutrition and sometimes has least elements or substance. "Kash, Kintu, Parantu ke jawab mil jayenge tumhe apne aap Fiat chalane par" :) (translation for non-Hindi speaking : "you will get all answers for ifs and buts automatically after driving Fiat for sometime")
    3 people like this.
  9. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    I don't know about now but when I bought the car I received a call from Italy. Based on the feedback, I received call from Pune after a few days.

Maybe the times have changed :(
  10. hiren173

hiren173 Timido

Ahmedabad
    Status as of day (4 days after delivery)
    1. I didn't received the remote key with delivery. Even today I had to follow up with the sales executive and he didn't had any idea when it'll come. He just responded that I'll check and revert!
    2. Finally today, after 4 days of delivery, I got the original invoice, insurance copy (that too without the 0% depreciation addon - which I have already paid for), extended warranty certificate (without the details of what is covered and not).
    3. Pending items: remote key, 0% depreciation addon to my insurance, extended warranty terms & conditions booklet, municipal tax token, RTO.....

Dealer's lethargic behavior and responses are spoiling my experience...

But as suggested, I'll focus on the driving experience :)
    Hope 1 day I'll forget all these issues and will write some great ownership story :)
    1 person likes this.