1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car delivered without proper PDI

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by hiren173, Aug 11, 2014.

1. hiren173

hiren173 Timido

Hi Friends,

I am a proud owner of this Italian Beauty in wine red color. Glad to be a part of this group. Looking forward to some useful interactions with the group mates.

Unfortunately, the very first and second day of ownership turned out to be very unpleasant and disappointing. Then I took the delivery on 10th Aug 2014 - auspicious day of Raxabandhan. I and my family went for a long drive to some temples.

Firstly, at the time of delivery the sales guy apologized that the remote key is not yet arrived, you'll have to wait for few days!!! Unlike other companies, where they celebrate the delivery of new car, photographs, Pooja, etc., there was nothing like that!!!

As soon as I hit the highway and increased speed (50+), I noticed that the car is getting dragged on left side too much. I realised that this is due to improper wheel alignment and balancing. Its really shocking to know that the new car's alignment is not right!!!

The bad experience doesn't stop here. In the evening when I turned on the headlights, I found that the right side fog lamp is not working!!!

There's lot more to come. To change the CD, I tried to eject it... It didn't came out at all!!!

Today morning, I had to skip office and visit the showroom for these complains. I was advised to visit service center which is around 4-5 kms away from showroom. The service center isn't equipped with the necessary mechanism for wheel alignment, so the mechanic took the car to some local garage and did the wheel alignment. Thankfully, they did something and the faulty fog lamp started working. Also they removed the music system and CD. And wasted my 3 hours!

I am wondering, what kind of PDI did the service manager did??? My fault was that I trusted the sales team and didn't checked the car thoroughly.

This is really ridiculous!!! Never expected that a brand like Fiat has such a poor service!!!

Well, amongst all these bad experiences, I must share the good experience also. All my family members and friends loved the car. Also the driving experience and handling is superb. Am glad that I bought a good product but the bad experiences ruined all the joy.

I'd love to hear your comments.

Hiren Yadav
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hiren, these are minor issues, but makes the buying experience a bad one.
    Which is your dealer/service center? Search here (http://www.teamfiat.co.in/dealershi...lership-service-center-team-fiat-reviews.html) and put your experience on respective thread/s.

It is dealer to dealer specific things, but yes some photos would have been really nice.

Do share some pictures of your car.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    For wheel alignment, pls drive straight to any reputed tyre professional shops to get it right. Have ever trusted the service center guys for alignment (Be it Maruti, Hyundai or Fiat). Few things better done by professionals in that field.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Congrats for The Punto and welcome to TFI, Hiren!

Never blindly trust the sales team and do a proper PDI before delivery. It would have just taken 1 hr or so, but peace of mind.. Immense.
    Anyway, hope now onward you have a blast with your ride. Please post some pics and pen down your decision making process too! :)
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Congratulations on the Punto buy. Sad to see that your ownership thread started with a list of issues. Although the Fiat dealer is to be blamed, you are also to be blamed equally for trusting the dealer people to give you a niggle free car. We have an elaborate PDI checklist on the forum which every new owner should have handy when taking delivery.

I would suggest leave behind the bad memories and enjoy the drive. Hopefully by now the initial irritations have been resolved by Fiat. If not raise the issues with Fiat Service centre no. Post some good snaps on the Tuscan Wine beauty, write about the driving experience etc.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Welcome to the forum.

There are now two things to do (if I was in your situation). Firstly write in concise all the issues faced before and after delivery and email the same to Shri. Mangesh Kodalkar and CC same to CRM Sales:confused: and CRM service of your dealership. Don't forget to thank in email any of the people who have been kind and sorted out issues for you and also mention what is pending and what is unacceptable according to you. Actually prepare a list of things needing attention or have needed attention on day one itself.

Most of the horrible experiences are by dealership and service people who also contribute to Fiat's name. If issue/issues drag for some reasons, some people post on Fiat's facebook post. That hurts company image a lot and in turn hurts existing customers (due to effect on sales) and also does not help customers actually facing the issues and calling Fiat for help via Facebook.
  7. hiren173

hiren173 Timido

Thanks everybody for your comments and suggestions. I'll definitely follow the same. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

hiren with punto.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

V true. I am a Fiat fan and bought it due to references of my office colleagues. In my small company of 60-70 people, and around 15 cars in total, there are 4 Fiats!

But such negligence and minor issues spoils the buying experience and excitement of buying a new car.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    10 people like this.
  8. bharath

bharath Regolare

I hope all your major problems are solved and lead a happy journey going forward.Welcome to TFI :).
  9. hotkar

hotkar Timido

buddy, write to the fiat head office. u will get the mail id in the homesite or their facebook page. The showroom people will run behind you to rectify things. yes, the problems you faced are not normal.
  10. hiren173

hiren173 Timido

Thanks Bharath. Yes as of now things are sorted out. But still waiting for my original insurance papers, Remote Key, original invoice...

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely write to that email id if in future they won't give proper service. As of now the problems are sorted out.
    Somebody rightly said in this thread, that such carelessness spoils the company name...