1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car Dash Cam

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by santoshmandali, Jan 22, 2015.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Recd the Yi Dashcam yday 19 days after ordering from Ali Express. No Customs paid, simple and fair delivery. The unit costed rs 2900/- The packing was slightly damaged. Unboxed the same and contents are as per description. Pics as below. There is no suction cup mount but a fixed 3M tape mount. The length of power cable looks OK, did not find actual dimension mentioned on the box. Also there was no protection for the camera in the packing.

Am yet to power up the device as recd it late in the evening. Also yet to order the Micro Sd card.

IMG_20171130_173052.jpg

IMG_20171130_173104.jpg

IMG_20171130_173404.jpg

IMG_20171130_173912.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 1, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 1, 2017 ---
    Can anyone suggest which one to buy from below list? Need to order today.

https://www.amazon.in/SanDisk-Ultra-...n%3A1484868031
    Or
    https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-MicroS...n%3A1484868031
    Or
    https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-MicroS...n%3A1484868031

Ganges, pabhishek and KPR like this.
  2. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Hi,
    I bought "Samsung microSDHC UHS-I card Evo Select 32 GB with SD adapter" for my SG. I had to purchase it, as, though it was included in my deal, it got lost from the package. I paid Rs~2.5K through Amazon.in. This was suggested by the supplier. I also got refund of the amount from him through insurance.
    I understand there are Evo Plus cards, but Select is higher version.

ghodlur likes this.
  3. Nazgul

Nazgul Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sandisk eyes closed

4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I got the SanDisk 64Gb Class 10 MicroSd card. Installed the dashcam and routed the wiring through the A pillar and fuse box. However the cable till the 12V socket looks a bit of eyesore. While doing the DIY, got a big scratch on my finger when pulling out the fuse box holder panel. The pins holding the panel seems to have been rusted, didn't understand how could they rust? Trial taken of the dashcam and now ready to go. Will write a more detailed review sometime later.

IMG_20171203_162214.jpg

IMG_20171203_162224.jpg

IMG_20171203_162243.jpg

pabhishek, Ravi_M and KPR like this.
  5. KPR

KPR Superiore

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Are you planning to hard wire it?
    Also I can see you've fixed using sticker base rather than suction base.

Update from my side: I'm slowly collecting the required items for hard wiring my cam using a fuse tap (Aliexp ordered), 12V socket (purchased locally), connectors (received from Aliexp) etc., Waiting for fuse tap delivery. Once I get it it's going to be a DIY on a super sunday!

6. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations @ghodlur,

The power cable is longer than needed, hence the eyesore! But it is better than falling short :).
    The dashcam may be easily visible from outside, or is it not? I say that due to the slightly silverish face. You may consider putting black tape on it. I notice that compared to my SG9665GC, your dashcam stays somewhat away from wind-screen and that may improve / may reduce the clarity of view. What is the FOV angle? I have a GPS and with it, I can use Registrator software to see GPS information on my PC while seeing the video clips. My dashcam makes .MOV format clips and I need to convert those to MP4 for viewing on TV screen. What about yours?

Waiting for more feedback.

7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Hard wiring is definitely on cards, will get it done once I am comfortable with the setup. The sticker type mount came with the unit and I am told thats more sturdier than the suction cup (as per online forums and personal experience of few Yi users). I have seen the suction cup of my GPS fall off in extreme heat. Dont know whether heat will be an issue for the sticker mount.

Thanks mate. Infact the power cable is even longer and nicely tucked behind the fuse panel. The total lenght was 12ft. I feel the 12V socket should have in front of the gear stick rather than at the back.
    Yes the dashcam is visible from outside, both the unit and white sticker stuck to the windshield. Inspite of being a bit far from wind shield I still can see the dashboard glare and reflection in a few videos. I will post a few videos later. The FOV is 165 deg. The dashcam makes .mp4 videos and is easily viewed on the mobile as well as on TV.

The Yi app is a blessing in disguise, can view videos, click pics, do the settings from the mobile. But only when the mobile is connected to the dashcam through wifi.

pabhishek likes this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane