1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car Dash Cam

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by santoshmandali, Jan 22, 2015.

1. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    360 is battery operated. Buy a dash cam with capacitor and not battery. There are other better options in this range and for about 1K more will get one with Sony sensor.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

ghodlur likes this.
  2. Nazgul

Nazgul Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even I am using an SJ4k, bang for the buck hands down..

I would vote for the Xiaomi for the 60fps at 1080p alone, the latter is 30fps and only 500mah on battery. On the other hand, I will suggest you look for an action cam which can double as a car DVR.

Regarding your query
    1- Very safe, buyer protection is probably the best in the industry
    2- Depends on the shipping method- Free Delivery for items below $10 will take a month minimum and $25+ will be 2-3 weeks
    3- Post GST it has been quite the circus when it comes to customs, items below $100 may or may not come under the radar, however its your luck at the end and the officer checking the items (pray the officer had a good breakfast). All sellers under value the item the moment they know its being shipped out of China, this does not help as customs will check for the item against a product code and determine the market value of the item. Market value is calculated on international average and is accurate for most part.

ghodlur likes this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I do agree that dashcam with a capacitor is better than with a battery. However the capacitor dashcams are not cost effective when compared those with battery. I was looking at Viofo A119V2 model which has host of features but comparatively costlier by 2K than the Yi.
    I do have a feedback on Yi dashcams from Fiat owners who have reported no battery issues since purchase about 3 years back. Moreover the Yi dashcams are rated for -10 to 60 deg C temperature range.

Thanks for your suggestions.

kunwar.g likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Guys,

I did order the Yi dashcam from Ali Express during their 11.11 sale in November. Costed Rs 2900/- (when converted to INR). The dashcam has landed in Mumbai as on today and expecting to be delivered by end of this week hopefully. I hope I dont need to shell out any customs since the unit costed less than $50.

I need to order a Micro Sd card for the dashcam and need suggestions from experts for the same. I am planning for the SanDisk 64 GB Class 10 with min 80 Mbps read/write speeds. Are SanDisk cards good for the dashcam usage? Have seen some videos on You tube which talk about bad quality of SanDisk, it seems they fail suddenly and when needed the most. Other brands which made to my list are Lexar and Samsung Evo. How is Strontium brand, have this on my mobile and serves the purpose.

Suggestions please.

5. Nazgul

Nazgul Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Genuine is what you need to look for, the market is flooded with fakes and the few poor souls who complain dont realize what they purchased was fake. SanDisk is arguably the best from my experience followed by Sony, Lexar and Samsung. I would not consider Strontium as the failure rate is high. Look for a deal on Amazon or Flipkart for 64gb Class 10 which should be fine, however would suggest 128 so that you dont feel the need for more space when you run out of it. 1080p @60fps does increase the file size.

6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thanks for the advise mate.

Unfortunately the dashcam supports a max to 64Gb only. Checked out the Amazon, Flipkart for cards but for a single brand and size there are many options with varying price, that's what is confusing. Let me recheck and confirm.

7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

:
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i too ordered the same for one of my relative staying in karnataka during the end of august-17, was shipped in the second week of september :mad: and received during second week of november :eek:. The product was stucked in customs,Bangalore.A official letter was sent to relative address to send the invoice copy and bank transaction details to the provided email ID in the letter or by courier, though we received that letter after two weeks by indian post,hence it got further delay.After emailing the required documents, they didnt given a call back,its again us who have to take followup and at last it was cleared, the officer said that it was less than 50$, dont know why they charged 1675INR at the receiving end.The cost of cam was 3450INR. Hope you have good luck with mumbai customs, i didnt faced such problems with customs previously for the items bought via ali express, this all happened after india-china in news.

ghodlur likes this.
  8. KPR

KPR Superiore

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats on choosing Yi cam at such price! No doubt it's a wonderful camera.

I've purchased my dash cam last month through gear best. It's a A118C B40 model with capacitor version. I was also planning for YI cam but this one also had excellent reviews in Dashcamtalk forum and much cheaper too. It satisfies my requirements with out any trouble.
    My camera is working flawless and I'm currently waiting for few more electrical items to be delivered from AliExp for my DIY process of hard wiring for dash cam.

1. Regarding memory card- I had purchased SanDisk 32 GB with write speed of 80 mb/s through amazon.
    2. No customs was paid for cam. Recently I had purchased one smart watch from GB at around ~Rs 7000 and for that also I've not paid any custom duty. Hope your's should pass through with no additional charge. Aliexpress sellers are clever in shipping items to India.

carl_jhonson and ghodlur like this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Congrats on the A118. Isnt 32 Gb a little less capacity card or does 118 support 32 Gb max? Can you post some videos from the dashcam. The reason I opted for yi is the wifi interface, easy to monitor the videos, click pics on the go.

This is the status as seen on the tracking pages.

Dashcam delivery 1.PNG

Dashcam delivery.PNG

KPR likes this.
  10. KPR

KPR Superiore

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    32GB is what product says. But as per dashcamtalk forum many have successfully tested using 64GB cards. Actually I wanted to be safe on Chinese brands :)
    Will post some videos soon.

Funny part is at my home people had thought that I've ordered reverse Cam for punto. But after installation when I showed them this dashcam they couldn't approve it. After showing nice videos of various day and night drives at home, now they have really understood the importance of it.

Sachin patel and ghodlur like this.