1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car Dash Cam

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by santoshmandali, Jan 22, 2015.

1. sPangasa

sPangasa Novizio

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Guys, sorry for the noob question but what are the uses of dash cam apart from having a proof in case of an accident etc?
  2. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Reviving an old thread.

Have purchased Blaupunkt BP 2.0 dashcam from Snapdeal. Got it for Rs. 2090 (58% off) from the Snapdeal app. The dashcam was delivered on Saturday 22nd August 2015 and was immediately pressed into service.

Specifications and relevant details are here: BP 2.0 FHD (http://www.blaupunkt.com/en/nc/products/car-multimedia/products/single/11033)

Initial impressions are as follows:

a) Day-light videos are good.
    b) Auto-exposure setting is absent and is quite evident when the car goes from a well-lit area to a dim-light one.
    c) Videos are recorded in 10 minute clips.
    d) For my 32GB card, the total hours of recording supported is ~4 hrs.
    e) Two tiny LEDs: constant red suggests charging and blinking green suggests recording.

Will be posting a sample day-light and night video in sometime. At the outset, looks like a real VFM product considering the price paid.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    How's the mounting support holding? Does it fall off or looks rigid? A couple of my friends who bought it from Snapdeal have returned it back since the suction cup kept falling off even after installing on clean glass.
  4. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    The mount is holding fine. I haven't faced any issues with respect to that as of now. Will keep everyone posted on that aspect.
  5. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Got Mini0806, through a colleague. It's really good. Fits to the windscreen.
    I have put a 128GB micro SD card, it can record 71 hours of HD video. Video Quality is also very good.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S1M185U?psc=1
    41a6srS7SCL.jpg
    varunrtr likes this.
  6. Diganta Malakar

Diganta Malakar Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Dascams have become one of the most essential accessories for our cars.

I have started this thread to share and exchange Reviews & Feedback on the different dashcams that are available in the market.

Please post your ones here.
  7. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    On T-Jet:
    Is it possible to use fuse-tap to power the dash cam?
    If yes, any guidelines available?
    Thinking of installing one before setting out for probable Leh trip in September. Not fixed yet.
  8. Diganta Malakar

Diganta Malakar Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Hello @limraj , i understand you have been using the Mini0806 dashcam for quite a while now. How was your experience
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Mixed, I would say.
    Quality of the video is good, but I faced a few issues. The issues are known issues in their forums, but I could not get to them before hand. The issues are
    1. The power socket on the base if the mount not working. Solution is to plug the USB cord directly to the device. This is cumbersome if you want to remove the device

2. Though they advertise support of 128GBx2 slots, I could not get my 128 GB card working. What works flawlessly is 32GB cards, formatted in windows NTFS. 32 GB being the limit if NTFS.
    3. All SD cards are NOT accepted by tef device. Sandisk does not go well. I tried strontium that too did not go well. Now bought a Kensington card and yet to try. All these cards being 32GB.
    So I have spent lot of money for the cards and still struggling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Guys, i've been using A118C for some 6 months now.
    Best is the form factor, no suction, remains pretty hidden.
    Video quality is good.
    Sample of my yesterdays drive (change youtube setting to 1080):

There will be more vids on the channel.
    Bought from gearbest. Takes about a month to deliver, with almost none tracking. It is a test of patience i would say.