1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car charger - Issues

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Mustang, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Mustang

Mustang Timido

Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    hi all

Really glad to be part of the forum. Have been following up on the threads here and some very interesting information.

I have a query which i am hoping will garner some advise.

I own a avventura and currently using a "mivi" branded car charger to power an iphone and a android phone. The car charger is about a day old and since last evening, the phone has stopped charging.

Prior to this i was using a old digitek charger which i have been using regularly to charge both my phones, but after shifting to the new charger, this seems to have killed the phone/battery.

Please can you advise if anyone has come across any issues with car chargers in your fiats and if there is a workaround to this.

What do i need to check to identify if the charger is bad or the electricals in the car has something faulty ?

Please can you let me know

thanks
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to TFI.

I am not sure what exactly happened in your case. Phone stopped working or the charger? Usually I avoid using cheap chargers and buy based on reviews.
  3. Mustang

Mustang Timido

Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Ramjn

Same here. Totally stumped with what happened. The mobile service guy says the charging pin is faulty, but for 2 phones
    Weird scene to be coincidence. Will know more details tomorrow

The charger I picked up is mivi.. highly reviewed and rated on amazon/snapdeal.

Interestingly the iPhone is working perfectly.

Either the power supplied to the lower end android that I was using was too high or it was just a stroke of unusual coincidence

But I gather that no one else has experienced any issues like this before...

4. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Mustang . I feel the issue is with charger. I assume that low cost charger would have definitely blown out the fuse. You have to get it replaced anyways. and also please get rid of the current charger which you use.
  5. Mustang

Mustang Timido

Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi @Giridhar

Yes.. there's something wrong with the charger unit.
    Picked up a new charger ( not expensive one ), but low voltage one...
    phones are at the service center and hopefully it should be something minor

Thanks