1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Car Arrived.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Jayit, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Jayit

Jayit Timido

kolkata
    Hi All,

At last the car had arrived and I went for a visit on last friday.

They had bought the car at their showroom so a I went there in my friend's i20. Reached there in abt 20 mmins from office and there it was, standing outside to greet us!! My Bossa Nova white Punto !

It just brought a smile on my face.

Anyway, went inside.. Spoke with them, and took the key for the PDI.

Checked everything according to the PDI sheet and it seemed OK.

Just a few things to clarify:
    1. The spare wheel was not alloy (it was in the i20). Is it so?
    2. Do they supply fuses and headlights with this?
    3. There was a price increase of 2.9K from 10th July onwards which they told have to be passed on to me, as the price during the final invoice is taken. Is this correct or they are trying to CON me?
    I checked with other dealers and the price increase is correct, but I had booked the car with 50K on 30th of May.

By the way, the car was April 2011 make and I had paid them the entire money less 2.9K. Have told them I will check and then will pay them the rest on Monday before sending it to registartion.

The car will be sent for registration on Monday and should be ready by next Wed/Thursday.

Will update with the PIC and further details.

Enjoy and hope to listen from you all soon.

Rgds,
    Jayit
    Just some more clarifications:
    It’s raining pretty heavily here in Kolkata. So am I safe with no Antirust or do I need to do it?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2011
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats for new guest in your family.

1) In Grande Punto spare wheel is made of Pressed Steal not alloy.
    2) Sorry ! I didn't get the question
    3) If you have only paid the booking amount at the time of boooking then obviously you have to bear hiked price.

4) No need of Anti-Rust. Everycar comes with Anti-Rust (Rubberised paint) applied on lower side of car.
    So don't waste money in Anti-Rust treatment & Coating etc.
    Coating is the famous way to suck the money. It is complete non-sense expenditure.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  3. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Hey Jayit... congrats on your new car... :)
    Wishing you a million happy miles in your italian beauty....

I got a spare bulb for headlight for Linea. Donno about the spare tyre (for Tjet+ the spare is ab alloy as well).
    Price increases are passed on to the customer, there is nothing unusual about it.

Also Kolkata being humid most of the year, do get the anti-rust coating done.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome and Congrats Jayit, hope the PDI got full marks,
    Yeah the Spare wheel is of compressed steel Its mag only in T-Jet,
    Even they gave me spare headlight bulb with the Fuse with my 1.2 Active,
    paid the booking amount only, Then they have a genuine excuse to push the Hiked invoice to you.
    Happy Puntoing round the corners.
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Welcome to TFI jayit and congratulations. By the way from which dealer you booked the car. I took delivery from R.D. Motors, V.I.P road Kolkata. They also told me that due to increase in freight charges i have to pay additional amount. But tell them that you are not responsible for the increase and so you will not pay anything extra other than the price quoted. By this way, at least you can bargain for sharing the amount equally between both of u. I did the same and the increase in charge was shared by myself and the dealer.
    When are you going to take delivery of the car?
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congrats Jayit.

There is absolutely no need for the Anti rust coating. Your car will already have some from the factory.

There should be a set of headlight bulbs supplied with the car . I think it is mandatory for the manufacturer to do so.

Gurjinder.
  7. Jayit

Jayit Timido

kolkata
    Hi Satish,
    I did just that and got the increase of Rs. 2900/- split in half. By the way I also took the car from RD motors.
    Also I am noticing a lot of Punto and Linea in Kolkata. Would really love to organize a small get together of Fiat cars. It will help us locally to exchange our views. What’s your take? Do you know any fellow Teamfiatians in Kolkata?

Hi Gurjinder,
    Got the bulbs with the car! Thanks for the clarification. They had also informed me that there are spare fuses (4 to be exact) supplied inside the car somewhere. Will check with him next time as I could not find it.

Also the first time review is pending and will complete the same soon the PIC of the car as soon as possible.

I have a schedule with the motor vehicles office tomorrow to get the HSRP number plate.
  8. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    hey jayit,
    I dont know anyone in kolkata as i m in haldia. I know another guy who is having a 1.3 MJD BNW active in my office and heared one more 1.3 mjd will be comming soon. That's a nice idea and i m with you. Waiting to meet all the punto owners and like other guys i think we should also arrange for a TFI meet in WB. I think we should find who are all from kolkata by taking a number count.
  9. Hi Jayit,

First congrats for your new car.
    answers of your question.
    1. The spare wheel was not alloy (it was in the i20). Is it so?
    [Me] no it don`t have alloy for spare wheel.
    2. Do they supply fuses and headlights with this?
    [Me] only 1 pair of headlights will be given to you. no fuse.
    3. There was a price increase of 2.9K from 10th July onwards which they told have to be passed on to me, as the price during the final invoice is taken. Is this correct or they are trying to CON me?
    [me] call 1800-209-5556 (fiat india call center) and ask for the exact Ex-showroom price of car for kolkata. Do it in front of the SA and conform the same.

Even i have booked my Punto E 1.3 Multijet on 30th May 2011 and i got may 2011 model only from the dealer in bangalore.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Congratulations and best wishes. Spare fuses are provided in the car itself. Details are given in the owner's handbook. Here are the screenshots:
    FUSE1.jpg FUSE2.jpg