1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Can't Wipe The Grin Off My Face

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by eyeguy, May 5, 2011.

1. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    An intercooler is present on the Diesel, not sure about the Tjet.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Wow What a thread!! no wonder this went to three pages before I even saw it. Just like a T-Jet I suppose :D
  3. Hey eyeguy, you are getting pretty good mileage dude. Thats awesome.
    About the grin, hell yeah. I can't stop grinning even though I haven't got one yet. BTW, today is the delivery :D.
    Can't wait.
  4. Tjet doesn't have intercooler for sure.

-sat
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Congrats on the Jet!

I can bet any amount of money that Fiat has not kept this a secret from their people. Both sales and service staff must have been trained by Fiat and every feature explained to them. If a salesperson takes the training as an opportunity to get away from the showroom to have a free lunch in a 5 star hotel, then it isnt' Fiat's fault is it? Such ignorant people are everywhere. The Maruti salesperson I bought my SX4 from didn't know what engine size it had!

My question is why is it that I knew the Punto had this feature even before I got delivery of my car but the sales staff don't know this despite them spending 10 hours a day with these vehicles?!
    Last edited: May 6, 2011
  6. eyeguy

eyeguy

Mumbai
    @ Linea-lover

Hey congrats man!

I'm sure you must've gone thru the million item checklists before you take delivery.
    Do tick of every item but once you are done just clear your mind and enjoy the car man!
    That's why you're buying it right?

All the best dude.
  7. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Hey eyeguy,
    regarding this post of yours
    How have you resolved this, if you have? I have also been noticing this for some time, but have been ignoring it because the volume is quite low.
    Also, who was your SA at Om Sai? My TJet (bought from Om Sai) also has some minor niggles which I had taken to their service centre. My SA was Tejas and he said he will call me as soon the parts required (side chrome strip) is available.
  8. eyeguy

eyeguy

Mumbai
    "The case of the mysterious whistling brake noise" is a harrowing tale of a nightmarish experience @ Wasan Service Centre,Kandivli.
    I think this statement by the head of the service centre Mr Tripathi says it all...
    "Humne gaadi thodi banayi hai" ...this after keeping the car on a nice 3 days 2 night vacation @ Wasan.

After hearing this "main patli galli se nikal gaya"
    Was pretty upset and was contemplating what action to take when I decided to try Om Sai @ Kandivli.
    Boy! It was a different planet altogether.

Surprisingly the whistling sound is now an occasional affair (not gone completely)
    I've noticed that it is heard only when I occasionally press the clutch along with the brake in B2B traffic.

Meet Yatin @ Om sai... Nice chap
  9. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Thanks alot. Will speak to him.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @eyeguy

Does that whistling noise come only under mild braking?