1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Can't understand Pricing Strategy of FIAT for 2012 PUNTO !!

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by vvk007, Jan 5, 2012.

1. vvk007

vvk007 Amatore

Shimoga
    Has anybody observed the ex-showroom prices of 2012 PUNTO?
    1.4 FIRE emotion(top end model) costs 6.54 lacs
    and
    1.3 MULTIJET emotion (top end model) costs 6.71 lacs

Now my question is, who on the world would want to buy 1.4 FIRE emotion over the Fiat's flagship 1.3 MULTIJET emotion. The price difference between the two is just 17 grands. :eek:

For a mere 17k, you would be getting multijet engine, high efficiency (more mileage), lesser fuel costs and more importantly TURBO SPOOLING at the Magic RPM.

The traditional myth i.e., difference in cost between petrol and diesel car is 1 lakh seems to be disappearing.:cool:
    1 person likes this.
  2. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    I think the traditional myth of 1Lac was missing in case punto for a long time. When i compared OTR prices of EP of petrol and EP of MJD (in march 2010), the difference was only close to 50K. I dont know, if it means, the 1.4 petrol is positioned at a higher price or the MJD is offered cheaper :)
  3. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    THis is a good strategy,

1 It will attract in case where people normally buy petrol as its 1L diff for diesel now it will change , bcoz diesel is now top selling
    2 Trend setter of breaking 1 L difference in current industry , It this is projected well cars will sell more
    1 person likes this.
  4. vvk007

vvk007 Amatore

Shimoga
    This means they are literally killing their own child (1.4 FIRE). Even the core petrolheads will opt multijet now. ;)
    1 person likes this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If we see the 1L difference between polo petrol and polo diesel it is the same engine capacity. But here one is 1.3 L and other is 1.4 L. Also 1.4 will not get the tax benefit that is enjoyed by 1.2 L engines. One more point that I want to point out(also pointed out by Gurjinder elswhere) is that 1.4 FIRE engine uses variable length intake manifold in order to optimise power and torque across the range of engine speed operation, as well as help provide better fuel efficiency(Port deactivation or PDA engines). P;lease see the links
    Variable length intake manifold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Fully Integrated Robotised Engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So Fire is not sophisticated like Vtec but it is not an ordinary 1.4 engine.
  6. vvk007

vvk007 Amatore

Shimoga
    the price i mentioned above was the ex-showroom price.

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

each and every engine like ivtec, tsi, fire, mpi is unique in it's own way. so can't really say that.
  7. vaisakhdutt

vaisakhdutt

kerala
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The discounts on the petrol versions ensure the actual gap is close to Lakh bucks. Also the mileage is a no comparison as the MJD is clear winner. So makes sense to buy the MJD even with the 1 Lakh higher price tag.