1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cancellation Charges/Refund

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by CK2608, Jan 31, 2014.

1. CK2608

CK2608 Novizio

Bangalore
    Hello TFIians
    I had booked a Punto Diesel emotion with a dealer. After receiving the VIN, I came to know it was a yera old manufactured. I did not go ahead with booking. I had booked by paying 50k rupees. Now the SA is saying the deduction charges are 5k rupees when the pricelist of the delaer says 2500 Rupees as the booking cancellation charge. I have only submitted a letter with reason for cancellation. Submitted the receipts and got a copy of the letter stamped as acknowledgement. Now I really want to know what makes the dealer think he can deduct extra 2500 rupees. upon asking he says he has to cancel invoice to Fiat and all. I am sure he is deducting the handling charges but when they sell the car to another customer they are sure to charge him with same handling charges. So ideally I should be charged only 2.5k rupees.

What do you guys think ? How should I handle this further?
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. CK2608

CK2608 Novizio

Bangalore

No. I did not ask about the canecllation at the time of booking for two reasons. I did not have an idea I would be cancelling it. second. the pricelist says booking cancellation is Rs. 2500. I will try to write to Adit about this.
  4. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    I have already asked Fiat India. and they have standard answer ready "It depends on dealer".