1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Can we ban all the so called "Enthusiast" Hypocrites?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by cliffhanger, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    You need to praise maruti, Hyundai, Honda, vw else bash fiat left and right only then your post will be treated as a neutral post.

The very moment you say I am enthusiasts and drive fiat....you are fanboy :p:p:p:mad::mad:
    3 people like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I say memberships have been rejected for owning cars like Siena, I have mentioned this before also. Perhaps a few more members can agree to this who have been given similar treatment and mentioned about the same. There has never even been a response (polite or otherwise) why this was done without ever allowing a single post on the forum. Any person with common sense would know there was an utter lack of understanding of these cars when they were introduced, especially for electrical issues or sensor related troubles (for few petrols I saw closely) and also the fiasco on Fiat's part for spares and service support etc.

For a forum built on the pretext of honesty and talking or highlighting it umpteen no. of times, a hypocrite is ruling it using high handedness when any opinion is on the verge of contradicting his. More often than not it exudes a very autocratic behavior on part of this very member or few of his cronies. Having observed this so many no. of times from posts there and not out of spite of membership rejections it is quite evident who the real hypocrites are with a hidden agenda to lead people or motivate it against buying Fiats.

While I will admit it was annoying to read Cliffhanger's first thread post on this topic in this thread due to riddles within the message, only in later posts these things became evident about what the whole hypocrisy fuss was about. Could have been helpful to know exactly what communication or other such were referred to in the first place. But I must say that I am impressed that at-least a few (esp. Cliffhanger :up) could stand-up to the bullying and kind of arm-twisting of anyone talking a bit more favorable about Fiat as such.

This is what we get to read when someone tries to defend with utmost honesty and pragmatic opinions about the brand or product :

mods note.jpg
    ^^What is it an army courtroom and who are these "We" who would not tolerate and mislead what?; Against you who lead and on who's authority? An utter disgrace to an otherwise great and healthy forum. Or is it we are founders, beware of what our personal likes and dislikes are about brands and other stuff. :(

I have not gone through the whole thread but most part of it, but still could not find these other "hypocrites". Maybe it was getting too tiring after reading this one, so please excuse me or give further hints about the same.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
    5 people like this.
  3. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @cliffhanger,
    I definitely support your view point on this and I am glad that someone has taken a step to talk about this.

A decade ago we had a small group @yahoo call Fiat group and it was just about 50 odd people, those time we had products like Uno, Old Sienna and they had just launched the Palio. Palio was heavenly cretizied because of just 1reason, Poor Effeciency, Auto mags like Autocar, Overdrive, Internet threads like T-BHP, the great GTO the famous personality talks about fair view point but he hates Fiat brand, this should be his personal opinion but instead he tries to push his point to the people, my membership was cancelled by that moron because I reminded him that he needs to mind his opinions but it's old history now.
    we had a bunch of enthusits and made PUG short for Palio User Group, the response was a killer, we had people driving from Delhi to catch up on drives like Hampi, Yercard, Goa, Coorge and many more but trust Fiat service was a nightmare those guys and if I compare it's far better, but we didn't sit here and argue on this, never.
    We used to support each other in either arranging for parts, service or help others fixing stuffs, I have done a lot.
    Even if you see in FB page of Fiat enthusits we can see only people cribbing and I have replied to so many post just asking them 1 question, why are you liking the page when you hate th product, till date not even a single reply.

i am sorry for a long post but just wanted to covey that, can you stop talking the negatives and live with the car or don't own one rather than daily dose of negative posts, when people can buy cars like Volvo, BMW, Audi, Porsche, Nissan, Renault and if you see there service centre numbers makes me wonder how are they surveying, the only answer would be simple, they don't have forums like these.

Just be happy guys for having a brand who's presence is historical and it was a status symbol at one point , I have a emotionally attachment to this brand since my Father had Premier Padmani, back then owning a Premier Padmini and the old Fiat classic was considered a Class.

lets support each other have have a healthy discussions and help each other resolving the problems rather than discussing them going round and round..

thanks..
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
    6 people like this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    It started to look like we are ranting about what happens in other forum here. I was once notified by mod that quoting other forum contents here and discussing about is not this forums motive.
    So let's stick to the actual topic if I may request.
    1 person likes this.
  5. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I too don't see anything fanboyish in your post. Now chill out. May be they hold a different meaning to what the word "Enthusiast" means.:uh
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes ZenWalker, every once in a while this drifting happens and a lots of otherwise to the point communicators drift along with it (no offense to any single individual in particular -- one refrains to point it out, only out of politeness towards others) and I don't mean to argue your point. Very much we all must all abide by forum rules as much as possible.

Also, BTW Zenwalker on the other forum there is a such widespread insult hurled and referenced in varying levels towards the Brand, Fiatian community and also to TFIan community, which one guy has very smoothly done such that their own Mods wouldn't object to it on technical grounds (Not that they can't see it). But yes, we must rise above all this cr*p and stick to Gandhian ways even when reacting, we need not act, imitate or retaliate in same ways. (Note: highest regards to Gandhi and no offense whatsoever to his ways and ideologies)

Also, BTW as far as the main topic goes, our Mod. Paddleshifter has made it clear in the very second post and it was obvious that such selective isolation is not justifiable and unhealthy for a forum. I have refrained to post on this topic as long as possible taking this into consideration and jumped in till something really important needed to be pointed out or addressed as things progressed along the way.

Now if only one can read the slight ambiguity about who these supposed "hypocrites" are there could be some better on-topic discussion. Or a humble suggestion, best to lock this thread if no further value is to be added to this discussion a call Mods can make..:confused:
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys,

A lot has been said / discussed / debated in this thread. There is no point banging heads and boiling blood over something that we have absolutely no control on.

Let's not get into mud slinging, finger pointing etc. Most (if not all) things discussed in this thread are subjective (including the definition of enthusiast and hypocrite)

Hence let's not drag this any further. What any other forum or their moderators do is their prerogative. How we react to it is ours.

We are locking this thread since we belive there is nothing more left to discuss.

Thanks,

Amogh
    10 people like this.
  8. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

madras
    Guys,

I received a PM from GTO and I'm attaching it here for your reference.

I made all those comments(satirical on occasions) and posts on that thread to subtly highlight, "just because you are 'something something' you cannot talk any non-sense and get away with it". I'm guessing a lot of people would have seen it and gotten the message that the supposedly big names are also just humans and have their own biases. Anyways, I haven't responded to that PM as I felt if you haven't done any wrong, you don't have to put a request to anyone, and being the chief moderator you can very well use your powers to edit the straying content.

And, my request to fellow members - though we think we post online and mostly nobody can see us, let's not be unfair to our conscience!

Thanks all, hope this thread has come to a meaningful conclusion.

team.jpg
    3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.