1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Can we ban all the so called "Enthusiast" Hypocrites?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by cliffhanger, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Let's not get into which part of the country is remote or rural and which is not. The fact remains, Fiat has sold its products here. Back in 2011, when I had purchased the car, there were approximately 15 dealers here from the erstwhile Tata-Fiat network. For all practical purposes, that knowledge qualifies as good enough 'homework'. After the Maruti, Hyundai, Tata and Ford vehicles, the other most common cars that I see around are Puntos and Lineas, not to mention the numerous Palios.

Bro, I would have agreed to what you have said if it had only been a service/part issue. It is more to do with the absolute helplessness that one feels when a cherished possession is confined to the garage and the very people who are supposed to take care of issues turn a blind eye. I had suffered this fate for 2 years. Even then I didn't make as much hue and cry as I have done now when there remains not a single service point for my car and those of many others. As I had said elsewhere, even my TV, fridge, microwave etc. get better service backup than this. Lastly, what's the point of having an enthusiasts' car when it is not even drivable. In 3+ years I could only drive my car for 14575 kms.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    3 people like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    How difficult can it be for Fiat to appoint a Service point atleast to tend to cars in Assam. I would not blame Rituraj.

A service point is an existing garage who can be trained and equipped better by Fiat to take care of it's car. I won't believe that there is not a few worthy of being trained by Fiat in Assam.

RS Motors (Kandivali) Mumbai is a fine example and Fiat will do a great lot of good by tying up with private garages and giving them training and service support. So yes Rituraj should have been more cautious, but a company has even more responsibility towards customers or stop selling to customers in that area in the first place.
    6 people like this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    OT

i bought the car in 2011 March, i didnt know that TATA FIAT JV will breakup soon,knowing about the breakup of TATA-FIAT after 2 years of purchase is called homework ?

Rituraj has not done anything wrong nor myselves by buying Punto.

All blame goes to FIAL.They cant even arrange a service camp for the areas where there is no Service centres.its shit marketting from FIAL. if i want to service my car i should travel 300Kms and get it done .How about the Diesel Cost ? when this was asked with customer care to give a waiver no response on it.Hence i stopped doing my regular services and going to my local garage person.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    3 people like this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    A guy owning a Landrover also costing huge money to service support has this car often in Garage. Now they are very committed and flew in parts overnight, but the service cost is unimaginable and beyond any hope.

Highlighting this case because when a car becomes unmanageable because of any reason service support or spare availability or totally unreasonable cost of service, the whole concept of high-fi technology and good car etc. etc. goes to a dumpster.

So beating around Fiat name will do no good, but lets not forget that they are there to do business and profit and not social service to customer. The least they can do is be available. It's not geographically challenging. Unless Assam = Andaman Nicobar or Siberia.. :rolleyes:
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Just my 2 cents,

I would really hope that Fiat announce new Dealer/service station in Assam plus other states where they dont have footprints. Atleast 2-3 in each states.
    Just thinking of plight of the customers like rituraj is good enough reason for many people to run away from Fiat.
    3 people like this.
  6. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Rightly said. One needs a third ball to predict it. I was referring to Crystal ball:rolleyes:.
    Even if a full fledged Authorized service station is going to cost a lot, then Fiat India could collaborate with independent Garages and Multicar service centers. This could be a WIN-WIN for all ( Customer, Fiat and the Independent Garage). Or they could have struck a deal with TATA to support Fiat in these regions at least as this should have been the easiest way as manpower would have had training and hands on experience working on Fiats. Its not that no one would have though of this in Fiat, but those who are in corporates know better. Any new Initiative is thwarted at all possible levels by each team and sometimes even within the team until it becomes a crisis. Then all unite like during the national crisis - Kargil period.
    1 person likes this.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last few posts have deviated the topic. I have seen Rituraj's struggle for justice over non set up of service centres in Assam on Fiat India's FB page. I sincerely feel that there is need to highlight this more. But please discuss this is the service review section. You may create a new thread for that. Discussing it here won't be beneficial for other members as the thread title gets misleading.

@Cliffhanger- I guess I know against whom are you getting so "furious".

I totally agree with you on this. A person's stand should not vary between different forums. I have seen a person sing praises for Fiat on its facebook page while the same person has been bashing Fiat left right and centre at another non fiat forum and facebook groups.
    2 people like this.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    1. Every one got rights to voice their opinions.
    2. With FIAT, its like love-hate relationship. Hence wise folks say, owning FIAT is like having a wife.
    3. In such kinda of relationship, some peeps go out of the balance and hence you see such negative propaganda on forums.
    4. A person voicing love praises @one forum and hateredness @other forum is a double gamer unless the topic/context and situation has not changed.

Having said tat, i fail to see the outcome of this thread @EOD :confused
    3 people like this.
  9. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Cliff hanger - I am not a member of that forum but do follow it and was reading every post on the thread related to New Punto. I liked the way you were fighting with HIM, was happy to see that there were few of them supporting you and one of them, I know for sure, is part of our team as well :)

My car has got that forum's sticker on it and on seeing it one of the guys, at the last factory visit in Dec 2012, asked me if that forum is anti-Fiat. I had no answer then but now after going through the thread on the new GP, which has transformed into a Fiat bashing thread, I think that guy was probably spot on.

Cheers
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Cliffhanger, am with you. I hate two faced people or double standards. The same GTO moron said in the Punto review he did, that he would plonk his money on a red Punto blah blah.

And now he says he would pick a Swift ZDi over a Punto or Punto evo anyday and that the Swift is more of an enthusiast's car than the Punto.

I posted a reply. Below is the screen grab. It was there for few hours before noo(b)ster deleted it stating it is a fanboy post.

5equzavu.jpg

I don't see anything fanboish in what I posted.

Am removing that forum stickers from my Fiats. :)
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
    9 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.