1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Can we ban all the so called "Enthusiast" Hypocrites?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by cliffhanger, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

madras
    They know Fiat is in the process of resurrection and is investing hundreds of crores in sales and service expansion, they know Fiat has planned to bring Jeep and other products, they know Fiat has done a appreciable job in the recent Punto facelift, but buggers, they question -

Why no 1.6 MJD when VW can bring in 1.5?

Don't they have brains to understand VW has bigger porfolio(including Skoda cars) and sells a lot of cars making the 1.5 launch viable. If they are really enthusiasts and are so much concerned about engines and performance, can't they just buy the T-jet.

Why no AMT or Euro spec gear boxes?

Don't they understand plonking in such major technology changes isn't viable for the current number of cars that Fiat sells?

Do they think they are Alonsos or Hamiltons by saying enthusiasts are not going to be impressed with Fiat's recent changes in the face-lift which omits engine changes.

They talk as if they are being very objective supporting junk posts putting +100, +1000, etc. Don't they have backbones to stick to what they think, instead of siding to someone just to sound objective.

Since we are in small numbers and since we can track what members post, can the moderators ban all those hypocrites?

In case there is no such rule, can a new rule be added stating, "If the posts sound of a Hypocrite, the member will be banned."?
    19 people like this.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Calm down dear Cliffhanger. :)

Not everyone has equal knowledge first of all. The level of understanding of the market by each member on various forums vary a lot and moreover it is not an indicator of the time since one is active on the forums.

I feel every member should be allowed to express his/her opinion. The opinion of the person may not be of good weightage and the readers can judge the merits and demerits of each post. Sometimes, posts are made in disappointment over a product because a member wants his preferred brand to be the best performer and give multiple options in the products offered by them.

I hope you understand that banning in such manner is not justifiable. :)
    12 people like this.
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    The so called enthusiasts are just do the talking go home and drive swift or alto to save few bucks!
    These so called enthusiasts killed palio,adventure tjet stating the economy is bad.
    9 people like this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    The over love also some times increases expectations on that beyond realistic.

However i remember some one stating this "FIAT has to do marketing to sell product, now for that money is required. So to make money, more cars needs to be sold, since more cars needs to be sold, more marketing is to be done, since no money, so no marketing (AD's)"

Its a vicious circle my friend.

People need to look from all prespective and analyze before making a judgement.
    1 person likes this.
  5. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    when you are wanting to make a comeback, and when you have awful history, you should pay for it to correct it.

Agree ads need money, but I would say pump in the same money now for promotion so that you don't need to announce lakh of discounts to sell. The same discount money can be used now. It's one and the same probably more beneficial.

If there would have been a right amount of marketing the sales would have been at least double.
  6. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @ - Cliffhanger - You never took in to the fact that Fiat sells Engines ;-). They sell more number engines than Skoda and VW could ever manage to sell their diesel cars. What many commoners want is better Drivability and not out right performance. The 1.6 MJD will surely help in that and ofcourse, TATA and Maruthi will lap up the engine. So why are they shying away ? In the current market scenario, everybody knows that diesel engines are the breadwinners, when Honda had done so much to develop a Diesel unit from scratch, why does it pain Fiat so much to bring in the Diesel mill which is already available. I am not able to find a justification for that, no matter how one sided I think. I just feel Fiat is not aggressive enough.

Btw, attributing poor sales for not brining a new change doesn't sound fair. There is an alternate theory too; Had these issues been addressed, there could have better sales. I for one was driving a Hyundai Elantra Diesel when I took test drive of the Linea when it was launched. Inspite of liking everything in Linea, I didn't book one as I felt I just couldn't make it move( comparing relatively to a 2000 cc Diesel mill in Elantra. You need to do pedal to metal driving in an Elantra and Getz to understand my feeling) and was skeptical about Fiat ASS. Later in 2012, when there were sure news that things were stabilizing with Fiat, I jumped ship.I still wish there had been better engine, a short throw clutch and gear box, but that doesn't mean I don't like the package as a whole.

Remember, Linea lost many customer atleast in my friends circle just because it needed a lot of revs in first two gears and test drives were done in City and not in highway in 3rd and 4th gears.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    5 people like this.
  7. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

madras
    That post was not made to question the knowledge levels of people here.

There are guys here who own Fiats and they know the ground reality. But they talk non-sense in other forums, either to sound objective or to get into the good books of someone.

You guys may ask "what's bothering you?". The problem is I'm reading both the forums and it is leaving a bad taste in me, I'm guessing in most others too. I cannot request for banning those buggers in the other forum, but I can request it here as we are a close knit community.

Sorry guys, if that sounds offending to anyone who is just starting with Fiat..

Also, I had a lot of respect for GTO, and I still have. But some of his posts and comments are utter non-sense, and our so called enthusiast hypocrite friends side with that too..
    2 people like this.
  8. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    I was one of those who had bashed Fiat recently on that forum. I also make it a point to constantly bash Fiat on its FB page. I have good reason for doing that. Fiat can't be forgiven for not providing service backup to owners from Assam. I had faced severe issues with my Punto from July 2012 to May 2014 making my car a garage queen for the best part of two years. Fiat didn't help me out inspite of repeated escalations (even escalations to Mangesh Kodalkar). What's worse, Fiat now doesn't have even a single dealer/service center in Assam and it would be an understatement if I say that owners here are suffering due to this. I suspect and for good reason too, that Fiat reps visit those forums (and this as well) to gauge feedback. I just want myself to be heard as not many Fiat owners from Assam are raising their voices. All that I want from Fiat is to come up with service centers and if that is going to take time, have service camps organised to counter the situation.

@cliffhanger, you might or might not have referred to me, but I thought I should make myself clear, just in case. Like everyone else I too love my car as I have spent my hard-earned money on it. But Fiat's attitude towards owners from this part of the country has been pathetic and cannot be forgiven.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    5 people like this.
  9. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

madras
    Ritu,

I 've seen your posts. I'm not blaming you and I fully empathize with you.

But honestly, you didn't do your homework well. Being in a remote part of the country, you shouldn't have gone with Fiat. Fiat has just started taking baby steps and is bound to fall, and this holds true to any company.

Had I not been in Chennai, I would have never gone for Fiat. Because, being in Chennai, even in worst case, I will have some service shop to take care of my car. Had I been in any other rural or remote part, I wouldn't have touched the car no matter how good it is.

You should have done your home work well my friend. Anyways, I wish you well with the car. Hope you find someone to tend to it.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    2 people like this.
  10. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Rituraj, Thats very unfortunate.
    Agree with cliffhanger, you might have gone ahead against many of your close friends/relatives advise.
    Or probably you bought it because it was TATA-FIAT that time. Even with TATA-FIAT not all TATA service centers were authorized to service FIAT vehicles.

FIAT vehicles are highly engineered and complicated machines. Which requires sound knowledge of latest technology and automobiles.

But the service issue/parts issue can happen with any brand, and there are many stories with Maruthi and Hyundai's too just that they never come out!
    We being fans of FIAT throw out anger as well as standby in difficult situations.

But whatever the issue may be, when it comes to enthusiastic or drivers car, one should discuss only about that leaving service/sales/future/efficiency etc beside.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.