1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Can the Orange light on the Instrument Panel be changed?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by salil, Dec 25, 2012.

1. salil

salil

Thane
    Hello All,

Just wanted to check with the Forum if anyone has thought of changing the Orange light on the instrument panel to someother color like blue ~ to i20..

Can this be done? If yes Cost & where?
  2. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Yes, it can be done. I'm not sure though of anyone doing this professionally in India.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yeah, it is possible. A friend of mine has done it in his estilo in 'RED' n sure it looks good !!he changed the backlight LED s to red ones.. Shall share a couple of pics from his album, dont ask me how, he did it as a diy !!!
    538919_10150832261313753_496318736_n.jpg
    398960_10150835662283753_1686403869_n.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I don't know how complicate or difficult it is. But, I would not recommend such projects on a Fiat.

The headlight assembly of Swift can be opened in less than 10 minutes. Whereas it would take around 3 hours in a Fiat. I have quoted this as an example. Don't play too much with a Fiat car. Just enjoy with what it offers.
    1 person likes this.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    We can do this in a Palio for sure. Don't think it would be that difficult to do it in Punto. A friend of mine changed everything to LED on a palio.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Check this out. Definitely doable. Not so sure if it is worth the risk / effort, just to change the LED colour though :D

Rajan
  7. i was about to tell you about the same link that patchboy has put forward! but trust me mate...its not worth the risk! and if you give it out you'll be charged mighty labour..but then its your choice! if you're confident enough go ahead! acche se hua then il get my car too!
  8. For the first time I am hearing about this change of color. Well you guys are thinking very well..!!:p
  9. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Don't try this at home. Not worth imo.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Its simple, take it any meter repairing guy, he will do it.
    But as others pointed its not worthwhile, as you will lose warranty and if the workman screws up, then its big time screwed as it costs a bomb to replace.