1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Can I repair this car

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ravi ganesan, Jul 8, 2014.

1. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Exactly! IDV should always be adequate, neither to low nor too high.
    One should not pay more premium and get higher IDV, rather get the car insured for values close to market price.
    2 people like this.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Is there any option in the law that customer can fight for his IDV value. For example Linea- on road price 11 lacs. After 2 years market price 6 lacs. IDV is 8.5 lacs , i should get 8.5 lacs since i have paid the premium and as per IRDA rule of depreciation.
    Market value is associated with brand value and is always less in case of FIAT
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    There is actually a judgement passed by Supreme Court to that effect. Read Mchanna's post no. 21 on this thread and link within.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    The thread opener should take a print out of the court verdict and slap it on the surveyor. The insurance companies play a dirty game of bringing in the market value and other stuffs. This happens only in india. I was just studying european and us insurance companies policy and they clearly pay the IDV.

Indian customer is always taken for a ride by every tom dick and harry and insurance companies are the biggest PITA.
    1 person likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Whats the final decision? Any updates?
  7. longdrive

longdrive Timido

Pune
    You have catched the fish Italia-Linea. This year I paid saved more than 3000 by reducing IDV myself and opting for higher co-pay. My personal mindset wont allow to drive a car again after full loss.
    In case of vehicles which is more than 5 years old, IDV doesn't play role.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014