1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Can I repair this car

Discussion in 'Technical' started by ravi ganesan, Jul 8, 2014.

1. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Very very bad hit, how and when did this happen, Very sorry to see the state of the vehicle. And good to hear that all occupants are safe.
    If the total expenditure is more than 75% it is very likely to be declared as a total loss.
    We are paying a premium for something, and we are entitled to get the insured amount. PERIOD. Whatever decided IDV is mutually agreed. Hence the insurance companies cannot back off in the event of total loss.
    If the insurance company denies there is always a supreme law to protect us from these cheaters.

Read the last comment in the below thread.
    Increasing your Car's IDV during insurance renewal -Whats your take? - Page 2 - Team-BHP
    1 person likes this.
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Well I received 100% of my IDV in my case. I suggest you to do this

1. Take it to FIAT authorized Service center.
    2. Get an estimate from FIAT authorized service center. Since parts of Palio are expensive it will be around 2Lacs looking at the damage.
    3. Get the surveyor allotted at FIAT SC and let him survey the same.
    4. Let the decision of total Loss or Repair be taken at that place. Carnation and all will never be able to bring back a Palio in shape.
    5 people like this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    This same Bajaj Allianz gave a very tough time on reimbursing a small medical expenditure while travel and stay abroad, for a policy bought from them for a close relative. The policy cover went in a few lacs and the claim was just about 10-20k. We left it after few tries, as we were expected to call on a STD phone at Pune and wait on IVR for such long periods only to be received by an extremely rude and demoralizing staff. They are paid to make life hell for claimants. In retrospect I think we shouldn't have left the claim. :(

Agree with ShashankNathani. Let it be ascertained at a FASS.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Did a good Insurance co with good ethics had anything to with it? Since its rare to hear that an insurance co paid heed to the customer cause.
  5. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was about to write what shashank already mentioned. Let the car be shifted to FASS, the estimate would surely be in excess of 2Lac and let the insurance guys survey it there and arrive to a conclusion.
    Your car falls under 50% depn considering it's age. Even if the surveyor assesses the complete 2Lac estimate, insurance liability would not exceed 1.2 lacs but it's always better to get something more by giving in a little more effort.
    Also please share your insurance details in full with detailed photos of the car. From the photos you posted, the car clearly looks a case of CTL, as the flooring has taken a hit and repairing the same is neither advisable nor will it come back to it's original shape ever.
    3 people like this.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    If its total loss how much amount should he be getting? shouldnt it be the IDV of the vehicle?
    2 people like this.
  7. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yup...The IDV mentioned on his currently active insurance plan is what he should be getting as total loss compensation.. Any "but" and "you see"..."if only"...from the insurer would be illegal. I feel that's how it should be standing legally. Not much into this area , but thats what IDv means i guess.
  8. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you go through the policy wordings, it is clearly mentioned that the current market value of the vehicle would be considered at the time of settlement in case of CTL or TL. Which leaves no scope for a customer to fight against a insurer. That is why it is better to take the assessment to a higher value and get the maximum that we can fetch.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Then why should one pay a premium for the higher IDV. There is no use of increasing the IDV value also if the fraudulent practices of not paying the customer the IDV value persists.
    1 person likes this.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    In case of CTL or TL if I will be getting current market value of the vehicle then why should someone pay slightly higher premium to increase the IDV? </SPAN></SPAN>

Increasing IDV at the time of buying policy, isn’t it a marketing gimmick? :confused</SPAN>