1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Camera in my car

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by dhoundiyal1, Jun 10, 2013.

1. @ varunrtr, how do I contact this person??no way of bargaining I guess.
    This similar product is available at that price in ebay..

Guys looking for car dash cam, take a look at spydelhi007.com, they are selling a good product but price is insane.
    I wonder why reputed brands are not entering the indian market, like overseas they should make this mandatory for insurance claims.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    pls do join this group :https://www.facebook.com/groups/hvkumar/. he is a member there,you can contact him directly and talk.
    if you are wondering who it is and whats this page about, google H.V.K: H. V. Kumar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  3. No I am not wondering who is hv kumar.infact have seeked his help for a few journeys aswell, and he went out of tje way to guide.
    I was thinking of going for a new one, as these are mostly chinese brands so a bit hesitant to go for used one.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

4. Here is a link to the cam.....it is a Network camera and records digital directly. It si from the leader of network video, Axis Communciations which is a Swedish organization. This cam offers a 1 Mexapixel HD resolution. Not sure, if you need so much resolution just for a car. Here's a link:

AXIS M3004-V Fixed Dome Network Camera, for mounting in drop ceilings | Axis Communications

Thanks, Sandeep.
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

^^ Are you seriously planning to install this camera in your car? This is purely a surveillance camera for offices.

We use a different variant of these camera's in our office for surveillance and let me try and explain the Edge storage facility on this camera. The edge storage is only to store footage when network connectivity is lost temporarily. Otherwise, this camera does not store anything locally normally. It requires a standalone server with software from AXIS to store footage that it collects.

With continuous recording, the memory card would be full in no time. IMO, this is totally not designed to be fitted in the car, Unless you come up with Innovative solution like a Car PC with bundles of storage and then a way to power the car PC thru the day. :)

The Car Cam's available in the market have inbuilt software that records footage in preset time cycles and deletes oldest footage to accomodate the newest one when the memory is full.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  6. Hi,

I have used been using this camera in my office for more than a 8 months now(we are professionals in designing surveillance solutions). I have tested it and hence putting it in my car now. This has a facility of FIFO(First In First Out) when it reaches its full capacity. We can configure this cam to be recording locally on the SD card only. This is a new experiment that Iam trying to do...have already done few tests.

7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Well, Seems like you know what you are doing in that case. All the best.

8. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Few android apps are available in market these days which can convert your mobile in to dvr. The main advantage is that you can use both dvr and gps navigation system simultaneously. If you power the mobile using usb cable, the mass storage mode can be used to play songs as well. so thats 3 in 1. right? :mrgreen: