1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cafe from Tata coming soon - Tata into JV with Starbucks

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    But Abdul,Tatas can make even minier coffee.Like,they can come out with a bang... Coffee for one Rupee!!!,just like a car for one lakh rupee!!!,they need not worry,coffees will never catch fire! and no one will strike outside their factory!!
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @Bala - LoL!!! More Coffee per Rupee :)
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    @ramjin,they can even call it NANO Coffee.
    (btw,what happened to TATA's much hyped NANO Housing projects???,hope nobody is striking outside against this.One quote of Tata that I had always liked:for every bad M,there is a good M!)
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    For some reason, Starbucks has VERY successfully managed to position itself as a premium coffee brand, holding a Starbucks in your hand makes you COOL in North America. This is especially true of places that are desperately trying to be cool like Seattle in US & Vancouver in Canada. I don't know if it tastes as good as it's brand value though. Never could muster up the courage to walk into Starbucks and spend big $$ on coffee. Tim Hortons worked just as fine for me thank you! :)

As for this Tata-Starbucks deal, I am all for it as I am holding a lot of Tata Global Beverages shares since 2010 and I could do with making some money on the stock markets! Despite the sharp rise in the prices of Tata Global, the share still hasn't reached the level at which I bought it. With Starbucks starting it's outlets in September, I am guessing I am stuck with Tata Global for all of 2012!
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Read in today's papers that Starbucks is bargaining very hard on rent charges. In some cases it is asking for rent to be completely waived off, as the mega brand Starbucks would instantly increase a mall's footfall etc etc.

If true, then Starbucks is being arrogantly co*ky! :D
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Have they opened stores in India? I just noticed that they have the Indian website up and running - Starbucks Coffee Company. But I couldn't locate any stores.

I have now become a Coffee addict and that too particularly with Starbucks. :)
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  7. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Ramjn Sir,

They have 2 stores in Mumbai and soon to be in Delhi and Bangalore !!

8. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    I agree with ramjn. Though I miss filter coffee, addicted to Starbucks. Spending time and money with Pumpkin loaf/Banana walnut loaf and regular Tall cofe. This is addicting :)
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Very true. It is addictive. I prefer Medium Roasted freshly brewed coffee. :)
  10. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    Went to starbucks today

Cashier: What can I get you today
    Me: Tall regular cofe please
    C: Do you want pike or dark roast.
    M: Dark
    C: Brings me pike roast and says, my bad, dark roast is over.
    M: that's ok. (me handing over card)
    C: It's ok. This cofe is on me.
    M: Surprised and asked why
    C: My mistake, and I will take it on me so that next time I will check before asking a customer.
    M: hey, that's ok, I will pay.
    C: no probs, I will cover for you. Enjoy your cofe today

walked away happily :)
    4 people like this.