1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cabin temperature display showing -31 C. Affecting AC as well.

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by puntoharry, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Kiran you got the right info. In EP & 90 BHP ie the variants with Automatic Climate Control has a sensor to sense the internal temp. That is the black round one which is inside. So when you set the temp to 20-21 this sensor senses the temp inside & does the cutoff job. Your mid always shows the outside temp.
  2. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    I have 2 suggestions for you
    are u using auto button in ur car (If so ur ac will not work as its showing -31 auto climate will think its cold and will make ur ac stop)
    also there is condition that even u keep at 21 ur auto climate principle is to see the outside temp there is cut off procedure see Auto climate ac principle in wiki

Solu - No other we have to correct the outside temp
  3. puntoharry

puntoharry Timido

Mumbai
    @Kiran You are spot on with respect to sensor. Apologies for the late reply. This is what had happened.

As Kiran said rightly, in Punto EPack the sensor for the ambient temperature is located in the Left Side View mirror. Mind you, we have to applaud Fiat's electricals here. (No Pun intended) The problem I had was the wire connecting the sensors to the ECU had become loose and hence was displaying weird temperatures. :) This had affected AC's performance because when the outside temperature is -31 C you cannot expect the AC to further cool your car. :p

This problem was taken on priority basis by the awesome team at Fortune Nerul headed by Mr Mahesh Hatti. They knew what could be the problem and started working on it with the aim in mind. :)

And yeah, I experienced the phenomenon called 'Possible Ice on Road' in Mumbai. :)
  4. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Good to know your problem has been solved.

Drive safe

Kiran