1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cabin Noise has increased after first service

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by chakiirfan, Feb 5, 2014.

1. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Dear All,

I have completed 5k kms on my fiat punto 90 hp and have also done the first servicing as well. After the first service, i have realized that the engine noise in the cabin has increased. I am not sure why this has happened. I have also noticed that rpm on idling is also on the higher side due to which vibration are felt on the steering wheel.

Please let me know if this issue has occurred to anyone and what is the solution for the same.

Thanks...
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I for one have been experiencing higher than normal engine noise ingress in the cabin, though not experienced any steering wheel vibrations nor higher idling rpm. I dont think the workshop must have fiddled with any thing in the 5K service, did you have a word with them regarding the same?
  3. maverick

maverick Amatore

Even I have faced increased cabin noise after 45k kms service. On carefully inspecting the engine bay, found out that the plastic cover over the engine is not fixed properly and it was vibrating causing excess noise. Check whether this is case with you guys?
  4. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i will be visiting the service center for the same, i had asked the service center guys to change the oil & oil filter even as it was my first service. After changing the oil & oil filter the noise should have suppress but it has become opposite now and it worries me a bit...
  5. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Just opened the bonnet and found that one of the plastic tube which was not connected properly. Connected the same properly and now the cabin noise has come to normal.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ There you go! I faced a another sort of issue where in they forgot to cap the break fluid container. So, as a matter of practice, its better we inspect under the bonnet before taking delivery after a service/repair

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk