1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying the Vehicle from one state and registering in another State

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by chethansgangoor, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Hi Guys,

Activa, deo, Suzuki access are having a waiting period ranging from 3 months to 6 months.
    I am interested to buy Access and is readily available in Delhi. I have a friend there who can purchase the vehicle and send it Mysore, Karnataka.

I have a question now.

Is it ok to buy in delhi, do a temp reg + insurance and ship to karnataka and do the complete reg here?

Or

Should i get the vehicle reg under his name and then do a ownership transfer?

what are the pros and cons in both the approaches?
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Chethan I think it will be a costly affair :)
  3. Forgot to say, shipping would cost me 500 Rs via train!
  4. Buying the Vehicle from one state and registering in another State

chethansgangoor

It is absolutely fine to get a temp reg + insurance, ship it to mysore and get the permanent registration by paying the Road tax etc. However you would have to pay the difference of CST or VAT in Mysore ( Check with the commercial sales tax department).It is usually the VAT in Mysore - VAT you had already paid in delhi. (This what the CST commissioner, Hyderabad mailed me when i approached for purchasing my linea in Chennai and registering it in Hyderabad). Each state has its CST dept and the rules vary, so better check with them before making a decision.
  5. Cool, thank you very much!
  6. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

yes chetan..

get this bike shipped from delhi to your place with temporary reg.no and insurance docs.

once you have received the bike take it to the motor vehicle authority at your place,make sure you get all the required docs which would be needed.

1.purchase paper
    2.insurance paper
    3. receipt for the amount paid
    4.Temp.no. doc given by the dealer.(validity would be a month i feel)

i have done the same for my car,it was bought from Punjab (Ludhiana) and i got it registered at my home town Himachal.now i enjoy the ride in Delhi..

transfer via train would be sane way to transit your new ride.would cost you mere 500/- bucks.please take off both the side mirrors from the bike and wrap it all around with sack covers.you get these covers easily at railway stations.else you get plenty of fellows at station ready to wrap your bike properly.pay them 200/- bucks,they will wrap it like a newly born infant baby....

i remember when my bullet was transited by train to Bangalore from Delhi.i took off all the indicators and no.plate.packed and wrapped it nicely and got it there at Bangalore in same condition. huriiiiii
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Chethan
    Why not you thinking about Mahindra Rodeo/Flyte.

OR Wait for a month new Mahindra Duro DLX is coming with so many new features.
    e.g. :- LED Headlamp.

Honda Activa :- 109 C.C. 8 BHP @7500 RPM Torque 0.9 kgm @5500 RPM Boot :- 18 Ltrs.
    Suspension :- Bottom Link (Old generation frequently need replacement of Brass Bush)
    Hard Suspension.

Suzuki Access :- 125 C.C. 8.58 BHP Torque 1.0 kgm @5500 RPM Boot :- 20 Ltrs.

In Access Spare problems are there

Mahindra Rodio/Flyte :- 125 C.C. 8 BHP Torque 0.9 kgm @ 5500 RPM Boot :- 22 Ltrs.

In addition you will get digital meter in 7 colors
    Mobile charger :p side stand alarm
    L.E.D lights in underseat storage.
    It's lightweight than anyother non-geared bike.
    Powerfull 9 Ah battery.
    Others have 5 Ah.battery.

Suspension,Ride quality,Braking are outstanding. :up

Very easy handling especially for ladies.:p

I bet you will never disappoint. I have Kinetic Flyte . So go for Mahindra Flyte/Rodeo
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2011
  8. Well the standard question for flyte is : Kitna deti hai?? :)

I have a HH achiever, bought it becos it shared the same unicorn engine and was whopping 13 k cheaper than unicorn. Now, there are no takers for my bike :( and in the used market people are asking for peanut rate!!

Flyte, i believe it is good vehicle but somehow, access is taking over it, if i think about future, what say?
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    As per Fuel Efficiency data from SIAM (Society of Indian Automobile Manufactures)

Milege of Suzuki Access is 48.7 Km/Ltr.

Milege of Mahindra Flyte/Rodeo is 56.3 Km/Ltr.

BTW as 2 wheeler vehicle is a vehicle which we have drive by using our body balance. So safety is the most important point.

So while purchasing 2 wheeler vehicle we should give second preferance to FE.

First priority should be towords Braking,Handling,Ride quality,Road stability.

As I told in earlier post, Kinetic's I mean Mahindra's non-geared scooters beat to alll sccotrates
    in the field of features,Braking,Handling,Ride quality,Road stability.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Chethan instead of buying Access go for TVS Wego. It is the best scooter I ever seen. It not bulky like Access and Activa.

IMO Mahindra Rodeo does not have quality material like fiber, color and it is not as fuel efficient as Wego as it has 125cc engine.

Wego is powered by a 109.7cc air cooled 4 stroke engine which is capable of producing 8PS at 7500 rpm and an equal amount of torque which peaks at 5500 rpm.

Visit for more details:-

http://bikeadvice.in/tvs-wego/