1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying T-JET - Need advice ( trivandrum )

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Shyam, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shyam

Shyam

Ok, this is how it stands, after the first round ...

Dealer #1 : OTR ~ 9.35 for 2010 stock- - they have one Dec 2010 (showroom ) stock, and one Oct 2010 in the (open/uncovered ) yard.. On cursory ( external) visual inspection of both, the showroom one (obviously ) seemed to be in better shape

Deaer #2 : OTR ~ 9 L , not inspected stock yet , but they claim to have 2 Dec 2010, one showroom and other in yard.. Visual inspection planned forenoon tomorrow..

Both dealers claim all the cars show less than 20 Km on Odo ( with the H )

waiting period for a new order : 2 weeks.. ( one of the dealers indicated that they would place a fresh order only after full payment ??? )

Still undecided, as the loan in still under process.. Expect it to come through by tomorrow, which is when i will have to make a final decision
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The dealer is playing a fast one by saying that he'll order only after full payment. It doesn't work that way.

Only booking amount is enough.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Gurjinder is right about that. Tell them that you will have a talk with FIAT if they insist on full payment. I think the sales person is insisting you. There are chances of having 2010 models as there are customers who opts for a color change in a later stage or sometimes cancels. I personally would recommend to go for a recent model. If you are really tempted by their offer make sure a full fledged PDI is done and insist on oil change and ask them to give as much accessories as offer. Don't give up till they agree. They will do their best to sell off that model. Make use of that . Just be careful.
  4. Shyam

Shyam

Guys,thanks for helping out..

have a question.. Trying to understand -Tjet + has larger wheels.. what does that translate to in real life ( apart from the looks ) ?

Does it mean better grip & handling / lower FE ?
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Better grip and handling. Better Ground clearance.
    FE might be impacted little.
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

to add to what evey one has said check if the vehicle was just standing in one position till now from december
    if this is true then the chances of the tyres not being round would be more (Read proper circle)
    you cannot detect this from a naked eye

Also rubber has a tendency to decay/generate cracks if not used for a long time.. (This can get dangerous if the tyre gives way on high speed)

My suggestion is to go for a newly manufactured vehicle.

Unless and until you get a discount nearing or exceeding 1.5 L.
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    One of the dealers in Trivandrum is notorious for this trick and they pulled it on me too. Result, my delivery was delayed by 3 weeks!!! :A
  8. Shyam

Shyam

Guys, thanks a lot for your inputs...

Have booked a TW TJET+ ..

Will post ownership report, once i take posession..
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Congrats Shyam..You made the right choice :) Hoping to see your TW soon in trivandrum.. When is it expected ?
  10. Congrats Shyam. Another Tjet in the forum.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.