1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying T-JET - Need advice ( trivandrum )

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Shyam, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shyam

Shyam

All, this is my first post on this forum

Decided on a T-JET , after considering vento diesel & Cedia, and would greatly appreciate inputs/advise from folks here on dealer negotiations..

Here @ Trivandrum, have been quoted ~ 9.16 ex-showroom , with free insurance + free (extended/ warranty + RSA) , for a dec 2010 stock + corporate discount.. Dealer discounts : negotiations ongoing ( which is where i need inputs )

Should i insist on a more recent stock, or assuming no difference between 2011 & 2010 models, request for a cash discount from the dealer ? Would like to know what discounts are available for the 2010 model..
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If budget is not a constraint, I would suggest go for new made car.
    There is no reason why Dec'10 car is still with dealer.

If by any chance you decide on Dec'10 model, do PDI throughly, be extra careful.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard

Its amazing that the dealer still has the 2010 T-JET in stock. It'll probably be a October or a November manufactured car and that makes ~7-8 months of it sitting idle at the dealer. Thats not good in my opinion.

So, unless the dealer is offering a discount to the tune of Rs 1 Lakh or nearabouts , i'd suggest buying a more recently manufactured vehicle. In my opinion it's always better to get a car as recently manufactured as possible.

If you do end up getting the 2010 model , insist on getting the engine oil changed on delivery free of cost. Since 8 months have already passed by when it was first filled up . Just to be on the safer side.

Gurjinder.
  4. Shyam

Shyam

Ravi/Gurjinder,

Thanks much...
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Forget the discount buddy, AS you will be having the Tjet under your hood, go for the latest model as the fit-finish is also improved.
    We would be happy driving in a peace of mind, instead of having a dilemma behind you.
  6. Shyam

Shyam

Contacted the other dealer in trivandrum, and same story.. only dec 2010 T JET+ available.. (@Gurjinder) Interestingly, over the phone, was informed of a 1 Lakh discount from the OTR price ..

Unsure if its worth it, so have requested the dealer to order a more recent stock ( 2 weeks waiting ? ) , to take my booking..

Thanks a lot guys..
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Shyam, 1 lakh discount is very tempting for sure, but nothing like a newly manufactured vehicle.

Insist on getting the VIN number of the car that you will book, so that we can know the month of its manufacturing,

All the best,

Gurjinder.
  8. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    disct seems good but be extra sure. check if the car not used as td. check the tyre condition. those little rubber strands should be there if the car not used. and as suggested ask them to change the engine oil before delivery.
  9. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Get a full oil change done before you take delivery. A thorough PDI for peace of mind. Plus push for better discounts on price as the car is 7-8 month old.
    Do verify with the VIN number, the actual age of the car.
  10. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    One lac discount sounds good as well as suspicious. Better to stick to the newer model than have a lingering doubt.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.