1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying Punto Dynamic Diesel

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by rudresh, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    It was great to meet Kiran in the showroom. He is the 1st one from TFI that I met. He will help me to do PDI tomorrow. expected delivery on 24th.
    1 person likes this.
  2. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Did my 1st PDI today and big thanks to Kiran for helping me out.

The car looked fine except some concerns:

1. The front door lock latches from inside felt really hard. It always gives the feeling that " will it break now"? They said it will be smooth after some usage. Or they can put the grease but, that can really smooth the operation and a rider can accidentally pull it far too easily. What should I do here?
    2. VIN read as MCA118B5E0xxxxxxxJLZ. The engine code is 118B5E. In the PDI guidance from TFI, Its little different for dynamic(11835E). anything changed by FIAT?
    3. Very minor scratch on drivers door knob outside over paint. little paint is hampered.
    2 people like this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations.

It is hard, and not going to be smooth. But it doesn't break.
    Just to confirm, check with any other car.
    Read the post again, under 2012 model -
    118B5E = 2V-1.3-JTD-75CV-CF4-NEW DYNAMIC-GD-INDIA
    Get it fixed, minor issue.
    1 person likes this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Tell them to check if the lock is alright. Also compare with the lock of other doors.Dont put grease.
    Remember that the front door latches have central locking also connected to it. So feel may be different from the rear ones.
    1 person likes this.
  5. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Yes I noticed that rear door latches are not that hard. I checked the central locking and worked fine. Key less entry also worked good.
  6. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Delivery is due tomorrow. As the absolute pack is not available with them so they said they will install it once its with them. Typically asking for 10 days as they have placed the order.
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats rudrash... you must be having goose bumps now... :)
    Enjoy the feeling & share your car's pix after getting delivery......
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  8. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    absolutely, in fact everytime i go to showroom, my car is standing there waiting to be driven. I have told not to put any dealers stickers. Taking the car without absolute accessories fitted is worrying but I take their words on it.
  9. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Going to take the delivery today. Hope she comes home safe.
    1 person likes this.
  10. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Finally the wait ends today. The baby is at home. Delivery process was smooth and I must thank SA Rajesh for all the support.

Took the car and drove few miles, tank up the fuel and it started roaring. Sharing some snaps.

Things pending from the dealer are Absolute pack, Invoice, Form 22. Thanks to all the members of TFI for helping me in this. The journey continues now.

DSC_0110-2.jpg DSC_0148-2.jpg DSC_0156-2.jpg
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.