1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying Punto Dynamic Diesel

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by rudresh, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    There are 2 persons at Tejaswi who go by the name Rajesh. If you are refering to the lean guy with spectacles, then he knows me pretty well as I have dealt with him for few purchases of Linea/Puntos. Ignore him and go for the Absolute Edition. Deals are best made when you are there at the showroom in person. E-mails wouldn't help much with negotiations IMO. Speak to them in person and ask for a written quotation and offers they promise you.

Deals change every month and next month there can be a few extra deals or none. We (even the dealers) never know. So, if you are going to book the vehicle next month, they might say that the deal can be changed. I see that other than Absolute edition and corporate discount (which does not change normally) there is nothing else being given to you. So I hope the current deal would be intact (even if they say it won't). The Absolute edition is for festive season and I guess would be extended till Jan 2013 with more mouth watering deals to get rid of 2012 models. Just my opinion though.

MMI has got pretty good reviews. You cannot expect the same level of Garmin and Tomtom, but does a pretty decent job for Indian conditions. I have a cheap Chinese GPS tablet with MMI V5.0 maps on it and it works pretty fine for me. The new Carpad5 comes with 3D maps and street level mapping. Here is an expert from one of the websites about Carpad5.

"Carpad 5 GPS navigator facilitates you with India's most detailed maps, including house numbers and city & travel guides. The map covers over 6.3 million places, 5,79,000 towns and villages, 4000 cities at street-level, along with house-level data for 36 cities and 3D landmarks and building footprints for 34 major cities".

I will be back to India by 3rd week of November and I would be more than happy to help you with any referals or guidance for paint and stickering jobs.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Concord is coming with their quote today, lets see

Which will be best option for Tire if they refuse to give Bridgestone

JK? Apollo? Goodyear?
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
  3. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    In order of preference

1. Apollo
    2. GT3
    3. JK

The above has been concluded after gaining information from fellow members who have used them.

I have an Active variant and I got JKs as stock, upgraded my tyres to Yokohama ES100 the very next day of the delivery of my car. So cannot comment much about the above tyres. GT3s have known to be very good in terms of performance and life. Don't know about Apollo, but have heard that they are better than GT3s.

I will be upgrading my tyres in couple of months and though I would like to stick to Yokohama for the thread design, I might go for Michellins this time.
    1 person likes this.
  4. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Meeting with the SA of concord was a disaster. They have almost nothing to offer other than flaps and mats. :hit Not even corporate discount. What a waste of my office time. :A
  5. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    If I plan to upgrade the stock tire from 165/80/14 then what will be best option. I will not change the rim now for budget.

any suggestion? 185/70/14? I am not an aggressive driver and comfort, noise, grip, ride quality matter the most.
  6. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    I have been running on 195/60/R14, but the tyres look too small. If the budget does not permit, then I would suggest you to go for 15" steel rims (which should not cost you much and may be readily available from one of our very own members) and go for 195/60/R15 and get the Old Linea Active Wheel Caps. Couple of our members did it already and its the best budget setup IMO.

When you think you have the budget (may be in an year and you might still have considerable kms before the tyres are worn and need a replacement) then simply replace the rims with Alloys of your choice, considering you might be going for 15" atleast and which has also been recommended by one and all. This should be a good idea in the long run. Please think over it.
    1 person likes this.
  7. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Thanks Kiran, I went to showroom Tejaswi today during lunch as its very nearby to office. I was the only one to check the cars. Met Praneel and Rajesh. Nirosha was having lunch so couldn't meet. The cars looks really nice with new paints. Oh yes the thud, i dont think even my Infiniti had that much.

I think getting used to driving position, will take time specially in heavy traffic. Saw the 165/80/R14 tires fitted on cars, surely it does not match with the car profile like Punto. Checked out the Carpad. Nice, touch screen is little dull but thats expected. I think the glove box problem is still there, the one in the showroom is broken.

Can't decide between white or red. both were looking awesome.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes this is best size on 14" rim.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Its been a while that I am doing TD's and looking forward to seal the deal next week. Some Experiences during TDs shared. I have done 3 cars.

1. Hyundai I20: Interior fit and finish is very inspiring, the top end has nice features , but thats not in my budget. So will just talk about drivability as that will be same for all variants. The steering is very light, might be good for city bt doubtful in highways. There is well felt turbo lag and @2000 turbo kicks in, I must say, the car accelerates fast then. breaking response was avg, not outstanding even with ABS.

2. Toyota Liva: Very competitive price and nice drivability in city, The acceleration is smoother. but above 120, the car really struggles. Interior fit and finish just aweful so is the long gear shift. Lack of tachometer does not help me. Rear seat has good leg room but that not my headache for me also.

3. Punto 1.3 MJT: As I will be buying this, I wanted to test it with different RPM and power delivery. Interior fit and finish is medium, steering response and high speed stability is second to none. I pushed it till 140 and above it, engine noise is significant. May be because of the TD car. I also found the view of front and rear is adequate to my taste after some seating adjustment. Under thigh support is bad. I need to get used to long clutch and have to adjust my driving according. Turbo kicks in at @1700-1800 and but its not as pronounced as I-20 IMO. just to check, I did 100kmph @2500 in 5th. Tested stock speakers, not much to write about them in high volume, at low volume its okay. The car is confident on road and very good drivability due to steering response. The breaking is awesome and very confidence inspiring. Suspension is firm. I was just wondering how a 1.6L negine can do wonder with this car.

Now the imp part is to cut a deal with the dealer. 15 days waiting time as they have to order from factory for every Dynamic and Emotion variants. I asked about sales in Dewali, Tejaswi told that they sold about 19 Punto and 3 linea so far this month. Most of them will be delivered on Dewali. fingers crossed for next week.
  10. Why dont you insist your dealer on delivering the car urgently,maybe they can speed up the process...
    You can easily get accustomed with the long clutch play,only can be pain sometimes at bumper to bumper traffic...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.