1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying & Ownership Experience - FGP Active - Knight OB-1

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by kunwar.g, Aug 28, 2014.

1. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    New addition to my ride. Less distraction for receiving and making calls. Jabra Freeway

uploadfromtaptalk1439929869406.jpg
    Saket Sidana likes this.
  2. Daksh Raja

Daksh Raja Timido

dehradun
    Grande Punto 1.3
    bluetooth device?
  3. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yup.

So, last week planned to revisit DRS to get the alignment issue sorted. While on the way ( about 3 days after the left shocker mount was replaced ) started hearing same sound from front. Well as i entered told the Advisor of the issue and they gave it to the most experienced guy they had. He took a TD and then tried to diagnose, before doing anything major he went ahead and ziptied the hanging wires of the Headlight wiring kit I had installed and also tightened the siren of the Autolock system. Took a TD again and still was getting sound, to top it the 2nd TD lead to sound coming from right side also...

Well cutting it short, the front shockers and right shocker mount was changed under warranty in about 1hr time.
    Then the car was taken for alignment and camber setting was also done. This was the job that i am the most pleased with. The guy did a superb job... In morning had gone to the local WA/WB guy and he refused to do camber adjustment. Said its better to do from service center for Fiat and Skoda. So, just got WB and rotation done for Rs 200.00

Almost 5 days and over 100km and the left pulling has not appeared again.

Post changing the shockers the ride has become plushier. Now realised what i was missing. Since this is the first
    Fiat I am owning, might have got used to degraded ride quality of the shockers slowly and steadily in last 12 months. The advisor very compassionately pacified me saying dont worry sir, even if it is getting changed its original part and its under warranty. They know my attachment to my ride :)

During discussion found that the warranty for the shockers is till 40K km or 24 months, whichever is earlier.
    prabhjot and whitepunto76 like this.
  4. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @kunwar.g, where have you placed the bluetooth speaker?
  5. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As of now it's on the sun visor. But plan to do a DIY to place it the middle just in front of cabin light.
  6. Daksh Raja

Daksh Raja Timido

dehradun
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have bought a cheap replacement.............zebra bluetooth device that fits in my ear........hahahahahahah.............LOLZ. Whts the cost of the unit by the way. Which central locking you are using. I am unable to find the genuine fiat CLS anywhere and i dnt want to clip the wiring just to install aftermarket product.
  7. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Daksh Raja - Costed me Rs 3500.00, home delivered. The only reason i went for this is cause it take voice commands for making and accepting calls. Also, has HD voice clarity. I have used the in ear BT devices - Samsung and then been using the Sony SBH20 for last 2 years. They never seemed to be comfortable 100% and also would reduce the hearing for other things, like the music in car etc.
  8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yesterday evening observed excessive shoulder wear of the right rear tyres. After the recent front struds change and alignment the left pulling got resolved and i was happy with this. It was by chance that I thought of checking on the tyre presure and threads that i observed the issue. Went to FASS today and the reading confirmed that the toe was out. Now, they did all checks and couldnt deduce anything wrong. So last resort they took pics of the reading and tyre to be sent to some expert. Per the GM the challenge is I am runnig on Yokohama S-Drive, however I reasoned that its still compy spec tyres 195/60 R15. Lastly for testing have replaced the rear right tyre with the spare tyre which are company provided and will check the effect on their shoulder wear. I did mention to them about shimming, however the alignment guy said it is not required as the outer shoulder is getting effected.
  9. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The stock 14" tyre have started showing sign of shoulder wear and hence took it to DRS Gurgaon today. Due to an improtant meeting had to leave the car with them as they wanted some time. Went back after about 3 hrs and they say that need more time. The shimming option has not been tried yet and why not beat me.

Spoke to the GM who was at the airport. Said that FIAT is saying that the Active variant is not supposed to have the 15" rims as that is only for Dynamic and Emotioin variant and thats why the issue. I didnt agree and said in that case why dont you guys have different alignment parameters on the aligment machine for Active vs Dynamic and Emotion. Also Dynamic also comes with 14". I highly doubt that he has even spoken to FIAT about it. There were too many cars today also and probably they dont want to invest time in doing the shimming job. Not really sure how much time it take, doubt anything more than 1 hr. When asked the guy who works on wheel alignment he said that he knows that the shimming step will not help in my case .

My tyres were upgraded to 15" at 10K km. Since then have done 5K + km and not issues. These issues have started coming up after the front shockers change that happened in mid August. Could that be the reason ? Cause that lead to left pulling and the correction to left pulling lead to this issue.

Any help or suggestion is appreciated as now I am getting frustrated with their approach
  10. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Something that I did about a month back. Didnt get time to even take pics and share. Doing it today.

Seat Cover + Steering + Gear Boot + Hand Brake Handle + Door Pad + Arm Rest leather wrapping done.

Armrest installed myself last weekend.

DSC_1240.JPG

DSC_1242.JPG

DSC_1244.JPG

DSC_1245.JPG

DSC_1250.JPG
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 26, 2015 ---
    Today's DIY efforts on the pedals. Italian get an Italian :)

DSC_1238.JPG
    Ruban, Saket Sidana, varunrtr and 2 others like this.