1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying & Ownership Experience - FGP Active - Knight OB-1

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by kunwar.g, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Daksh Raja

Daksh Raja Timido

dehradun
    Grande Punto 1.3
    it was really a great and detailed review of buying a car.......................well..................hmmmmm....................i dnt think i thought so much before buying my beast. LOL...............I did a market survey and repeated test drives of all available brands for 1 month. than came to this beauty and i am too happy with it. It has a initial turbo lag.............similar to the review of other group members but ride quality is unmatched..............Suspensions are nothing but the best. I have driven it on rough roads with a Scorpio and the tall ground clearence, not even a single piece of road touched the underbody. I took part in a car ralley here at dehradun as Route Opener and driven it on offroad track on a speed of 90+kmph................unbelievable control and comfort. Drove it to lucknow from dehradun...............620kms @ 12hrs drive...........only driver was me and the roads were nowhere for approx 250kms.................but when I deboarded car................i was almost fresh like I was entered at the start. In my openion............no hatchback come near to this car in terms of comfort and built quality. REALLY BUILT LIKE A TANK......................... thumbs up for all those who own a FIAT.
    prabhjot and kunwar.g like this.
  2. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Pradeepms and Deepak like this.
  3. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Finally got time today to go to FASS for the sound coming from the front left. Upon checking today they confirmed that the shocker mount will need to be replaced. Strangely it was confirmed to be fine and not needing any replacement about 2 weeks back during the 2nd service. This is just plain inconsistent. No wonder people curse FASS. This was at DRS Gurgaon

Part was changed under warranty and given back to me in 1 hr.

The other reason why i had to go to FASS is that post 15K km there service reminder lights came on. Seems the service interval reminder was not re-set during the service. Same was fixed too

Lesson to be learnt- Never take car for service during any camp ( summer, monsoon, winter )

Post taking deliver of car and hitting the road, found that the sterring was out towards right by over 15degree. Went back and got that sorted. Got free Wheel Alignment done. Have to say the equipment that DRS Gurgaon has is better than what i have seen at a lot of other places. The Left pulling has reduced. Still need to go again as was getting late and the left camber needed some adjustment as it was slightly on negative.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. Daksh Raja

Daksh Raja Timido

dehradun
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well..................here in Dehradun, i am fed up with Doon Fiat. Pathetic after sale service where the service manager seems to be decent duy. From last 7 months, since my purchase a broken part has not been changed, even I have lodged a complaint in fiat india helpline. Yesterday the MPFI error light turned on and the car did not started for 20-25 self attempts. After that the error light kept on but car started. After a few hours that error light switched off automatically. Unable to understand the reason...................................
  5. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What part is broken? What is the reason they are stating for delay. Here if I need any part, I just let the store guy know and if part is not available they order it and it arrives in a weeks time.

Regarding MPFI error, get error diagnosed at FASS and then take it up from there...Am sure just some cleaning is required.

How old is your car and how many kms run already?
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not sure how and why, but was giving a thought to what could be benefitted by getting the below done

1. Cotton Guage / Foam Filter
    2. SS Downpipe
    3. FFE ( Magnaflow or custome made )
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 11, 2015 ---
    Is there any one in Bangalore with a 2013-2014 GP 1.3 75HP who can spare some time to visit Code6 to help them get measurement for a downpipe and FFE ?
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 12, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 11, 2015 ---
    Strange thing happened today. On way to office there was huge water logging at places in Gurgaon and at one part had to go through around 150 meters with close to 200mm of water logged. No issue and slowly on 2nd gear crossed it.

At night when started the car, all good, headlights on..all good. Switched off the headlight and it wouldn’t switch off. Flashed high beam with knob at lights off and then it switch off. Strange..after 2 mins did the same and then again lights wouldn’t turn off , but after flashing high beam it did . After repeating this bizzare occurrence 2 times more, all is back to normal now. No error message, nothing. All this while had not switched off the car. After it seems to be fixed, switched off ignition and then started car again. No issues now.

I have a relay harness of Hella with dual relay and dual fuse. Not sure what was causing this issue. Hope it was just a freak occurrence like the UFO :)
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  7. Daksh Raja

Daksh Raja Timido

dehradun
    Grande Punto 1.3
    well...........central consol in which audio player is fitted, that part is broken since purchase. Car is just 6 months old and driven to 9600 kms only.
    seems like there is something wrong when these cars go through water. When i met the problem i also drove through similar water pool on the road and it was also raining very badly. Always cross my fingures when going anywhere in rain by my punk punto.
  8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Has this complaint of yours been documented somewhere. Like Job card or PDI checklist. If yes, scan it and and send it to Fiat asking them why is it taking so long to procure this part. I am sure the dealer has not even placed the order for it. It doesn't take more than 7-10 days for the parts to be delivered to any part of India from Pune. Don't wait for the dealer to get the part. At times these guys just play around thinking the customer wouldnt do anything. About a week back a friends White Punto Evo came out from Kashyap Fiat with the paint not matching, they told him that it will match itself after 2 months. Advised him to send email to Fiat. He did something better, he went to KF and blasted them and informing that he is sending email right now. End result, they painted the panel back again and matched the color. So, much for the science of color matching after 2 months.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. Daksh Raja

Daksh Raja Timido

dehradun
    Grande Punto 1.3
    more than ten mails have been sent to fiat customer care but what reply always i get is this

Dear Sir ,

Thank you for your communication

We will render all required assistance & support to resolve concern

we request to please bear with us.

Download pictures

Warm Regards,

Customer Care,

FCA India Automobiles Private Limited
  10. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thats sad. Did you call the CS number. There is some post on TFI listing the email ids of important Fiat personals. Cant seem to find it now. I am sure someone can help if you can start a new thread on same or just do a more intensive search and what i just did.