1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying & Ownership Experience - FGP Active - Knight OB-1

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by kunwar.g, Aug 28, 2014.

1. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That's quite a relief...thanks for testing it out. Am sure stocks wouldn't last long, hence ordered another set as back up :)
    fiatcrazy likes this.
  2. Pointed

Pointed Timido

NEW DELHI
    NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Min is 5Watts roughly & 1 watts of CAN Bus termination.

Also I checked the Bulb is taking approximately 7watts & LED with CAN bus termination 5 Watts. The only problem felt that in LED the heating t the holder terminal is more than the bulb heating.
    fiatcrazy likes this.
  3. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My ride has completed 1 year and 14800kms. Here are some pics I took today while leaving from home. Shall put up a post in a day or two with more details of the journey so far. Till then hope you enjoy the pics

DSC_4475.jpg

DSC_4478.jpg

DSC_4481.jpg

DSC_4484.jpg

DSC_4486.jpg

DSC_4488.jpg

DSC_4489.jpg

DSC_4492.jpg

DSC_4494.jpg

DSC_4496.jpg

DSC_4499.jpg

DSC_4508.jpg
    Ruban, abhinav_nani, Deepak and 4 others like this.
  4. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It has been a great 1 year with Knight OB-1. There hasn't been any major issue to complain a hell about.

Did the 2nd service during the monsoon camp at DRS Gurgaon ( bad decision as there were just too many cars to cater to ). Did the basic and cost for same was Rs 4530.00 . AC Filter was changed at 10K km during the summer camp and hence it was just cleaned during the 2nd service.

Had given the below issues and requirement to the advisor when reached at around 10am.

1. Strange sound coming from left while braking or going over damaged roads
    2. Low Mileage observed in last 200kms
    3. Cigratte Lighter power socket light not working, but it still had electric supply in it
    4. Rubber parts missing at 2 door points ( these are small cylindrical parts at lower corner of each door section on car body )
    5. Rubber strips of roof has left their position in approx 2-3 cm length. Had become wavy
    6. Hand Brake tightening was required. Had driven on a few occasion to a short distance with brake pulled up. Thanks to the beep sound provided by Fiat, the damage was not much
    7. Basic Service
    8. Brake Pad life check
    9. Painting of Door handle and ORVM caps to body color

The car was taken for a TD immediately and the guy confirmed about the sound and suspected the shocker mounts to be culprit. After coming back they immediately checked it and confirmed that it is fine. Post this the car was put at a Bay for remaining work

For lower mileage service guy said that the air filter was clogged. Might be due to excessive driving at high speed during the last meet and not cleaning for last 3K km could have lead to this. Post service have seen an improvement in the miileage, so think he was right

Cigratte lighter power socket was changed under warranty

The rubber stoppers for each door is till pending as they cant find the part number neither does anyone have any clarity if it comes in all 4 doors or just 2. This is plain ridiculous. There is a spot for it and its not there, surely it comes in all 4 doors

Rubber stip was changed under warranty but on Day 3 as they didnt have it in stock in Gurgaon but did have it in Faridabad store.

Hand brake was tightened at last after reminding them of the same

I had asked them to fill engine oil from the 4 liter can and not from their drum. I was willing to pay for the entire 4 L and keep the 0.8ltr remainig with me. But they refused saying they get th 4 Ltr cans only for petrol cars, for diesel they get barrels. Disappointed had to take what they had. May be next time will order the 4 Ltr can 2 weeks before service is due :). Is that doable ?

Brake pads were checked and they have more than 75% life left. The service guy said , basis your usage you might not have to change it even at 30K , but need to due to warranty purpose :). I use the brake judiciously, tend to go to neutral when i know have to brake within say 250 meters, ofsourse only on daily routes

Got the door handles and ORVM caps painted to body color. Was charged Rs 1995.00 for same. This is the thing that took most of the time and effort, as the door handles had to be removed. Doors being damped made it even more time consuming. Then while putting the door handles back the front passenger door lock gave some issue, which the service guy fixed well. Since, it was taking time I took the GM's car to go home and have lunch. Came back with the hot gun to get the damping back to its place. Overall had to keep running after the service guys to fixed everything.

Left the service center really tired at around 7pm in the evening. I blasted the advisor for not being on top of things, but I do realise that due to the last day of monsoon camp there was a huge rush, in fact the GM was on the floor the whole day along with us, ensureing that no-body was sitting idle. I was definetily pissed but do also understand that they are not used to so much rush.

The sound from left side is still pending. Could the arm ? Will try going back in a few days to get it checked and fixed.

Visited back on Day 3 for rubbing and polising of the painted parts. Got the roof rubber strips also replaced under warranty on same day.
  5. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Diagnosing the noise from suspension if often tricky as the trick is to check everything on the suspension that moves:banghead:
    However you need to eliminate the causes one by one.
    1. Make sure there is no leak on the struts. There should not be any oil mark.
    2. No broken Coil springs.
    3. No loose ball joints.
    4. No loose bush on either of the control arms.
    5. Tie rods should be in good shape.
    6. Steering rack should be good.
    7. Look for any orange color rust in suspension area. If you find any probably that's a loose contact area.
    8. Lastly, in some rare cases it could be due to a broken engine mount. Which will make it appear as suspension issue. But you may have to change the engine mount.

Considering your car condition [which is really good] i suggest to check the ball joints.
    kunwar.g likes this.
  6. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Me too thinking the same. Has to be the ball joints basis the situations in which it sounds and the kind of sounds.
  7. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After the service I had added a sachet of Nano Energizer tot he Enigne oil and after drivening for abour 100km now the engine has become smoother and less tractor like sound. Did this while driving on stock map to guage the acual difference. Now have moved to Map 3 and its bliss.

In last one year has taken OB-1 for long drives only 4 times. Hope to do more this year, as after each long drive the car seems to be happy :)

The car condition and they way it drives is only better than what it was when new. No rattles, no irritating sounds from car. It doesnt seem to be a year , just may be a few weeks old. There sure are improvement areas if you start observing, like the placement of indicator and wiper controls, the travel of telescopic steering, the absense of underthigh support, weak headlights ( double barrel wold have been amazing). But am i complaining, No. I love this car and more so cause of the kind of fan following and passion it carries with it.

The last 12 months have seen quite some additions to the ride and they are as follows and also in the same sequence

1. Exhaust tip
    2. Debadging
    3. ICE upgrade - Pioneer HU, Blaupunkt Amp, Component Hertz ESK 165, JL Audio Sub, Atrend Enclosure, Cervin Vega wiring kit, Scoche speaker wire, WaterGuard for front speaker, Dampmat bulk pack
    4. Window magnetic curtains
    5. 3D Star Mats wtih velcro backing
    5. TFI sticker
    6. Grill Change
    7. Sun Visor with vanity mirror
    8. Horn upgrade - Hella Black Pearl
    9. Subwoofer Grill DIY
    10. Wheel upgrade to 15" of Linea and Yokohama S-Drive 195/60 R15
    10. Rear reverse light changed to red
    11. Dash Cam SJ4000 installed
    12. 3 Meter Amazon Prime USB extension cable installed. Wire routed from under dash to passenger side and then under the roof carpet to the dash cam installed behing RVM
    wiring DIY
    13. LED Parking lights
    14. Neck Pillow
    15. Steering Knob - Black Label

Thats quite a lot. Right ?

Feedback on Yoko Sdrive - Comfortable, Grippy, Noisy now after around 4K+ km
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 7, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 7, 2015 ---
    I am still contemplating blackening the A-B-C pillars. In such a dark color will it enhance the looks by any margin or just a feel good factor. Gonna cost be around 1.6K from FASS or 1 K from outside.

Small update. Just touched 15K km and this is sign shows up. DRS guys missed to reset the service internal indicator. I was surprised to see this and didn't even know its meaning and the handbook manual didn't have this in the warning lights section. Thanks to the Whats app group who help me out with this immediately.

IMG_2015080734559.jpg
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anyone noticed this ?

DSC_4489.jpg
    Pradeepms and Deepak like this.
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Now it looks symmetrical :) Is it a DIY ?
  10. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yup. DIY. Easy to do. Just red vinyl for 135 from ebay