1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying & Ownership Experience - FGP Active - Knight OB-1

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by kunwar.g, Aug 28, 2014.

1. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    prabhjot and Deepak like this.
  2. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @kunwar.g : which 90/100 are you using? how is the light throw on highway/city? any extra wiring done to support 90/100 ?
  3. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Deepak
    I have used Phillips Rally and currently on Philips Essential Vision ( both are 100/90 W ). Light throw is tad better than Philips Extreme Vision (60/55W) ( since the reflector is same ) but much better than OEM ones. Where it shines is the intensity of light . Much brighter than confidence inspiring on highway. Earlier even with Extreme Vision rarely got pass even after using flash. With Rally 100/90W, just one attempt and the trucks would create space :)

Have used the dual relay, dual fuse 130/110W wiring harness of Hella
    Deepak likes this.
  4. fiatcrazy

fiatcrazy Amatore

NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.2
    They are error free as it utilizes a CAN Bus termination resistance in Parralel to the whole circuitry. But there is an adverse effect of that is more heat is generated & power consumption remain almost the same. 5W LED unit will be consuming 10Watts. 5Watts of LED & 5Watts of CAN Bus termination resistance.

The only benefit seems brighter & cooler light of the LED & Long interval of maintenance.

As soon as the link of the seller is shared, the stock quickly last, & unable to get one from that source so ordered in some different portal. It is still awaited as courier delivery man, mentioned "Locked House" (Due to Door Bell was not ringing due to Moisture on Switch due to light rain ) in Status of First Flight Courier.

Dont know how to contact their (First Flight ) Mahipalpur branch as Delhi & Head office Mumbai, no one is picking up the phone.
    kunwar.g and Pointed like this.
  5. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @fiatcrazy . I was not aware of the techincalities. Would the CAN Bus Termination resistance also lead to battery discharging if car is left unused for a week ?

Reason I am asking is that I was our of town for a week after the day I installed these LED lights and after coming back the car wouldnt start. Had to take help of Fiat RSA to jumpstart it. Didnt have the problem since, but max the car had been idle was for just 2 days since.

The other LED that the seller has is a 6 LED SMD 5630 for which he has rated the power consumption as 3.08W. Would this mean that the LED takes 3.08 W, but the Can Bus termination could still be 5W or will the CANBus resistance always equal the LED power. Her is the listing link
    http://www.ebay.in/itm/6-LEDs-SMD-5...tDomain_203&hash=item33a4b514ec#ht_167wt_1302
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Pointed

Pointed Timido

NEW DELHI
    NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There is no point a CAN Bus termination resistor can drain a battery. There must be some different reason in your case.

BTW the link you shared earlier is different from the one you shared now. Seems the the earlier one was of 10 LEDs ( must be more than 5W) & this one is 6 LEDs (more than 3w).

The new one might be used for Side Turn Signal if its length is fit in that space, did you tried that ?

Do not worry on replacing these LEDs, the only thing that we Punto'd are not getting a full benefit of these LEDs than those Japanese Korean car owners is little more power consumption due to CAN Bus Resistance & Heat that a holder need to bear as these resistance are placed there ( as seen on pictures ).

I will try getting its exact details tomorrow. By bench testing of these T10 LEDs. I was also thinking to upgrade all the bulbs in the car except head lamp.

Also ordered these AUDI type DRLs which needs to fit inside the main headlamp.

60cm Flexible AUDI style tube daytime light switchback drl led(white+amber) from Mr. Ashok Thakur Ji on Ebay :

http://www.ebay.in/itm/60cm-Flexibl...0?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item43de9b0042

BTW how do you rate the service of the RSA, how was your experience with them ? Are those came from some dealers side ?
  7. fiatcrazy

fiatcrazy Amatore

NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Agree with Pointed - CAN bus termination resistance cannot take the energy till it gets power as far as I know.
  8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Pointed - Yes the earlier one was the 10 LED and the last link was of the 6 LED. While deciding which one I would need I just divided 3.08 by 6 and then mulitplied by 10 to get an approx watt usage of the 10 LED. It didnt give any error which made me satisfied. Didnt know of the higher power consumtion till @fiatcrazy shared the information

The remaining bulbs are not of the same holder type and think they are also monitored by the CanBus. Eg the reaverse ligh is a 21W bulb. The real benefit of an LED is supposed to be lesser power consumption. But now these LEDs are doing reverse :-(

Opening the Punto headlights is a task and not an easy one. Would advise against installing these flexible Audi types as they are not at all reliable.

My experience with RSA was good. They were at my door step in flat 20mins. They were not from dealer but by FIAT. Fiat has taken contract with the vendors who provide RSA. I dont recollect which one was it, but surely not Fiat or DRS
  9. Pointed

Pointed Timido

NEW DELHI
    NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kunwar : LEDs are taking more power but at the same time, these are giving more light too..

Incandescent 5 Watt : 50 Lumens
    Halogen 5 Watts : 100 Lumens
    LED 5 Watts : 250 Watts to 375 Lumens
    if the LEDs consuming more power say 5 Watts it becomes 10Watts

10 Watts ( 5 Watts LED + 5 Watts CBTR) : 250 Lumens
    250 Lumens are much higher than current bulb which is giving 50 Lumen only.

Power Consumption : Doubled but Lumens are 5 times. Hope your LEDs consuming total of 5 Watts. So still the benefit of 2.5 x.

Let me test these today on my LAB.
    kunwar.g likes this.
  10. fiatcrazy

fiatcrazy Amatore

NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Got these checked this morning and found that it is of 4.11 Watts of total & 1.3Watts of Can Bus Termination Resistors. :)

Not to worry about consuming more power & Light intensity is certainly evident to all users.
    kunwar.g likes this.