1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying & Ownership Experience - FGP Active - Knight OB-1

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by kunwar.g, Aug 28, 2014.

1. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After a midnight bath :) Crossed 10K km. Tyre upgraded to S Drive Yokohama at exactly 10,014km. The first at BK Tyres to get these new ones made in India from 9th week of 2015 manufacturing. Got if for Rs 5000.00 but can get a deal of Rs 4900 if anyone interested. These are softer than the earlier S Drives at center but same sidewalls. Just slighter harder than the Earth-1. Linea 15" rims with Linea Active Wheel caps from DRS FASS. Again helpful store incharge. They had just 3 in stock and he got 1 pair and the wheel caps the very next morning from the Faridabad store. Called me confirmed that now I can pick those up.

Ride has become softer, much less noise than the JK Tornado. Less noise than the Michelin XM2 also. Excellent grip and cornering. Didnt encounter the much feared braking issue yet.

Old tyres gone for Rs 1200 each and Rs 700 for 14" rims.

IMG_201504130903.jpg

IMG_2015041348347.jpg
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Looks as if it's straight out of the showroom. Very well loved!
    pabhishek and kunwar.g like this.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Drop dead gorgeous,those tread pattern and wheel caps are eye catching for sure..
  4. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Am enroute to the railway station for a family wedding, but couldn't avoid sharing this.

Got a pair of T10 LED which dont give error message on Display. Recieved package yesterday and tested it last night. It went well apart from a major hiccup which took about 2 hrs to fix... Still have to test if these can survive the heat of the 90W Headlight bulbs. Drove around in morning for approx 15km and yet no error message. Some pics I was able to capture on my phone..

uploadfromtaptalk1429955417185.jpg
  5. fiatcrazy

fiatcrazy Amatore

NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Whats T10 LED ? & is it 90W ?
  6. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    T10 is the socket type for parking lights . 90W is the headlight bulb. Basis what i had read on this form the easily available T10 LED are of plastic make and due to the placement of the parking / pilot lights in our Punto these melt due to the head from the headlight bulb. The LED that i have got is claimed to be made of aluminium frame and till now they are runnigng fine. No error message and not melted yet :) Almost a month now.
  7. fiatcrazy

fiatcrazy Amatore

NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.2
    90w may also be harmful to clear glass coating, which protects the headlamp against UV rays.

are you planning to install fog lamps too ?
  8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3

Quite a few people are using the 100/90 bulb without any issue. Provided its not kept on for long while stationary. Have tested multiple times and the headlamp doesnt seem to be too hot. Maybe just a tad more than what is with 60/55W bulb.

Yes, I do have plans to install Fog Lamps, but the recent price hike of Fiat parts has increased the cost by Rs 1800.00 :-( . An order with 99rpm gone wrong has left me with the fog light grills. Have a pair of LED aux lights which were bought about 2 years ago for my RE500 is left unused. Plan to do a retro..
  9. maheshrt

maheshrt Timido

chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good ownership thread:)
  10. Pointed

Pointed Timido

NEW DELHI
    NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Kumar

where did you find the T10 lights with aluminium frame, if you dont mind sharing. :smuggrin: