1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying & Ownership Experience - FGP Active - Knight OB-1

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by kunwar.g, Aug 28, 2014.

1. fiatcrazy

fiatcrazy Amatore

NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Kunwar.g

Congratulations

I tried to own the Electric Blue or Exotica Red but God gifted the Pearl White GP.

A White color Spoiler will look great on Blue Blue. Also the Seat Covers & Under the Dash Blue lights can be added to the theme.

Some thoughts to share :

1. My last car was also Xeta - & love for that is still there, already done 160000 & still running so smooth. Same 6 years
    2. It's Xeta performance, which made me to pass the Punto on TD, otherwise i20Elite, Zest, Dzire ZDi, Grandi10 was really failure on TD ( driving pleasure ). ( still dont understand what is my requirement ).
    3. Few days after purchase removed the Punto emblem what you did too, without knowing that anybody else did it. planning for EVO's emblem, it looks modern.
    5. Blaupunkt IC122 was installed after I burned my own fabricated 6" speakers with 300watts rms amp ( per channel ). Same you owned? right ?

Xeta was a super car but it rquires expertie to maintain, Goldy Motors ( Hitech ) Vikaspuri is best Tata Service Center ever experienced. so never had any problem owning a Tata car. Mr. Ranjay is perfect surgeon for the Tata cars,

80K is a good deal you got, there is no Jeweler in Delhi to pay more than 50k for mine. So there was no point selling.

i10 looks reduced copy version of Punto & I felt Kappa i10 is as good as Punto, drove @ 160Km/hr & it was pretty stable as Punto. If they would not discontinued the Kappa on an i10, another i10 was there for sure, Bad luck of Hyundai. Good luck of mine as God have planned a Punto for me, & I really feel the same love as your for the BLUE electrics.

TYRE : What you did about the Stock 165/80/R14 - which brand it is ? JK ? I replaced those with 185/65/R14 Bridgestone B290, all 5 exchanged just for 9K after running the car abut 300+ KMS. ( my office is 50Kms far) .

got better :

CONFIDENCE :

185/65
    1. Give better accelaration ? ( less OD )
    2. Life of suspension system may increase ? ( lite weight than stock one 165/80/R14)
    3. Wet performance. ( 185 )
    4. Better corner ( lower profile - side wall)

Bridgestone B290 :
    1. Low noise - Irregular profile.
    2. Wet performance - deep grooves
    3. Fuel Economy - wide grooves, light weight
    4. Handling - Wider
    5. Low cost - Bridgestone performance ( The rubber of bridgestone is hard but braking is as good as Michillin & Yoko hiigh end ).

Alloys : Next I will go for a Alcoa 16" Alloys which are forged & weighs only 6kg. All other brands are just cosmetic, against steel rim Alcoa is the only option ( out of budget so left for next time ) with 195/55/R16.

ICE : The ICE HU seems ok to me but sure Speakers need to be changed & 12" Sub is to be added later. I am a electronics professional, from std 7 designing amps, designed first d class in 2006 costed @1.5lakh. my college project was a DSP which can regenerate the spoken words from environment even after 5 minutes later, ( harmonics conversion). Bought Polk 605. Yet to install, not finding the time.

Performance : I am a Petrol Fan & dreaming to own a RED POLO GT TSI 7.5L on-road& got the same kind of deal on Punto, but a Petrol 1.2 on Punto look sluggish on Paper too (torque to weight ratio). Turbocharging was the only option left to get Sport torque. You wont believe that Xeta was covering 0-80 in 5 Seconds & 0-100 in 7 seconds. the quickest car ever seen. Idle rpm was set at 1100-1200 rpm from day one, & after getting some tappet adjust, it was really a rocket. too good experience with Xeta, tried ordering one more to Tata but they were not interested in the deal ( Asking for 4.2L ex-showroom ) for new ordered Xeta.

You got good mileage. After change of tyres I got 22km/l ( with 50%AC ) on mid ( going to office ). In City getting 18.3 min without AC.

Bought Followings :

Local Shop :
    Body Cover
    Mobile Holder

Online :
    1. Polk 6.5"
    2. Dios - 3D Car Foot Mats Black Colour For Fiat Punto @2250/-
    3. Autographix - Clear Shield Bumper Edges Etc Protection Film Paint Transparent Big -Rs. 995 got quote from dealer @760 but not available at that moment so ordered online to avoid visiting the shops. - 2 Sets from 2 dealers 1. @995 2. @998/-
    4. Vheelocityin - Microfiber Glove Mitt for Car Cleaning Washing (Set of 3) Snapdeal @300
    5. 900mm wide scrolling sunshade for rear windscreen. - Snapdeal @700
    6. Sony BT with card reader & FM with Wolfson DAC. ( not for the car )
    7. Xiomi from Flipkart for navigation & games. ( for weekend trip when my daughter get bore sitting back seat ). thought to buy a Tablet but nothing impressed my shopping evil.

Camera was available @650 to 750 with 7" screen 1800 mp4 ~3000 bluetooth . with camera sensors are also in the list.

Also planning to remove ORVMs & install a camera in place. for more aerodynamics ( noticed wind sound above 90km/hr.)

Shared all mine, expecting yours eagerly.
    Fayad and varunrtr like this.
  2. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @fiatcrazy - Please find my response in bold

A White color Spoiler will look great on Blue Blue. Also the Seat Covers & Under the Dash Blue lights can be added to the theme.
    White spoiler is not to my taste, but agree with the dash light. I have 5 meters of white LED stips which I got for the same purpose, but unable to find time to do it. I see that you are in Delhi. Let me know if you are game to do it together. 5 meters should be enough for both our cars.

Some thoughts to share :
    3. Few days after purchase removed the Punto emblem what you did too, without knowing that anybody else did it. planning for EVO's emblem, it looks modern.
    Yup me too think the same. Haven’t checked where we can get these.

5. Blaupunkt IC122 was installed after I burned my own fabricated 6" speakers with 300watts rms amp ( per channel ). Same you owned? right ?
    I don’t remember the model, and not that the car is sold, cant find out. It was 6*9 co-axial in real and 4” co-axial in front

Xeta was a super car but it rquires expertie to maintain, Goldy Motors ( Hitech ) Vikaspuri is best Tata Service Center ever experienced. so never had any problem owning a Tata car. Mr. Ranjay is perfect surgeon for the Tata cars,
    I agree, it requires expertise. And none in Gurgaon has the right knowledge. Once there was a problem with heating in my Xeta and all ( A.S.S and outside mechanics ) recommended to change the radiator and radiator fan assembly. But I was not satisfied with this diagnosis as both were running fine and doing as they said would be around 7-8K expense. More research and patience paid when I took it to the service center and asked them to just change both the temp gauges. Voila it solved the issue. Parts expense was around 700.00.

80K is a good deal you got, there is no Jeweler in Delhi to pay more than 50k for mine. So there was no point selling.
    I was getting offer of only 35K here. OLX and Quikr to the rescue

TYRE : What you did about the Stock 165/80/R14
    Alloys : Next I will go for a Alcoa 16" Alloys
    No Tyre and alloys for now. I doubt I will ever transition to alloys. Don’t see a huge benefit other than cosmetic and still feel that our roads are not up to the mark for these alloys. I may be proven wrong and go for it in future.

ICE : Bought Polk 605. Yet to install, not finding the time.
    You mean Polk DB6501 right ?

Performance : You won’t believe that Xeta was covering 0-80 in 5 Seconds & 0-100 in 7 seconds. the quickest car ever seen. Idle rpm was set at 1100-1200 rpm from day one, & after getting some tappet adjust, it was really a rocket. too good experience with Xeta,
    Agree that Xeta was a nice car. I enjoyed driving it and was always ready to put it to race when people/colleagues would say why Indica. Braking was not as confident inspiring though. Punto really leads here in comparison

You got good mileage. After change of tyres I got 22km/l ( with 50%AC ) on mid ( going to office ). In City getting 18.3 min without AC.
    You have much better mileage. 22km/l is amazing. I have not crossed 17.5 yet. That was with drive from Gurgaon to Dwarka 4 times in 2 days. Within Gurgaon city its just 14.2 max, buts that’s cause I have 4 trip each day between office and home with is just 10 km apart but has more than 3 signal stops and aleast half a dozen road bumps

Bought Followings :
    Local Shop :
    Body Cover – Me too ( ebay )
    Mobile Holder – Ported it from my old car as had bought only a couple of months back
    Online :
    1. Polk 6.5"
    2. Dios - 3D Car Foot Mats Black Colour For Fiat Punto @2250/- - where did you get this from. I am still on the carpet mats provided as part of standard kit.
    3. Autographix - Clear Shield Bumper Edges Etc Protection Film Paint Transparent Big -Rs. 995 got quote from dealer @760 but not available at that moment so ordered online to avoid visiting the shops. - 2 Sets from 2 dealers 1. @995 2. @998/- - have you used these, how is the effect on shine and looks ?
    6. Sony BT with card reader & FM with Wolfson DAC. ( not for the car ) – I have the SB20
    Also planning to remove ORVMs & install a camera in place. for more aerodynamics ( noticed wind sound above 90km/hr.) – This would be interesting. I too noticed sound over 90km/hr. Do share details, maybe we can meet up sometime.
    Shared all mine, expecting yours eagerly.

I have bought the following online (ebay )
    Steering knob ( BL make ) – Installed self
    Door side guards ( BL make ) – Installed self
    Hand rest for Punto – Still need to install it, might do it when get the seat covers as best to do it with seats taken out
    LED DRL for front – Still need to install
    LED light for under dash – Still need to install
    LED light for Boot – Still need to install

As you can see, have a lot of installation to do, but not finding time and also would love to have a helping hand, maybe we can catch-up and plan out
  3. fiatcrazy

fiatcrazy Amatore

NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.2
    will reply soon in detail, sure we can start all DIY installations somewhere soon, hope you're not so far from my home too. residing dblock JP, & you're at dwarka or your office is in dwarka?
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @fiatcrazy , can you shed more light on alcoa alloys, i m hearing for first time and when i checked their site, its showing only lightweight rims for buses and trucks, not car alloys.. is it really forged wheels? where is it made?

@kunwar, 3d mats can be bought from here: http://www.carmatsindia.com/product_fiat_punto_floor_mats_17.htm
    They ve increased the price now i think, but one is on discount, which is almost same as their old price
  5. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    They only have it in beige and even the one for 2400 is almost double of what is available in the market. I found 3D mats with same metal foot pad for approx 1100 - 1500[/user][/QUOTE]
  6. fiatcrazy

fiatcrazy Amatore

NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.2
    • Swift pics for reference. 20130309_185620-1024x768.jpg 20130309_185737-1024x768.jpg 20130309_185731-1024x768.jpg
  7. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yours ? Think Blue looks cool...I see that even the doors have light installed . more details required..
  8. fiatcrazy

fiatcrazy Amatore

NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Alcoa Wheels: images (2).jpg images.jpg images (1).jpg 2010DodgeChallengerSRT8AlcoaForgedSign001small (1).jpg 292468.1-lg.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 17, 2014 ---
    This blue light on Swift was done by :

Global Cars
    B-44, Lajpat Nagar-II
    Near Defence Colony Flyover
    New Delhi – 110024
    Mobile : +91-9711478282
    ALCOA is the only brand which makes real performing Aluminium Wheels ( Alloy word is being used in India only, as in India Aluminium is being considered as week metal ) & earlier the Magnesium percentage was very high to give strength to Aluminium in low cost but it pollutes in someway so now all wheels are made of aluminium.

Alcoa was the founder of the Aluminium & first company made forged wheels in the world. They dont make after market products, only OE to most of the race cars & few passenger cars in Europe. so difficult to find online. Their minimum size is 16", because theory says below 16" there is no benefit of these light weight wheels over to steel one.

Autopsyche stock some other good brands starts from INR 32000/- (LENSO), you may contact Ayush Vohra - 9810518681, may be you know him very well, as this is forum so for the knowledge of everyone.

Also noticed that Fiat OE wheels of Punto, Evo, & Linea are very heavy weight so they are just for cosmetics, even the Aerodynamics says alloy wheels are no that good.

car-accessories-shop-in-delhi-300x200.jpg 4 (2).jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 17, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 17, 2014 ---
    got very good images. BIGks-firtec-4.jpg.jpg Filter Responses.png
    Got some good images to clear the doubt.
    BIGks-firtec-4.jpg.jpg Filter Responses.png
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
    varunrtr likes this.
  9. fiatcrazy

fiatcrazy Amatore

NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.2
    for all NCR fiatians :

Hamilton Road, Kashmiri Gate is good market for car accessories & spare parts. Give a try. Unfortunately the market remain closed on Sunday but Saturday can be tried..
    kunwar.g and prabhjot like this.
  10. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Today have covered 4800km in my OB-1 and quite happy with the experience so far. Itching to take her on a long drive but an ongoing project in office is keeping me busy and hence have not been able to take out time and share my experience here in detail.

So far things that I have liked
    Engine response at higher rpm ( over 1800 )
    Stability
    Steering Control
    Auto lock over 20km/hr
    20 min working of OEM HU even after switching off the car ( much useful at traffic signals or when had to wait for someone )
    Follow me headlamp
    Auto diming of speedo display when headlight is switched on
    Effective A/C

Overall the experience have been really amazing....the only thing i repent is not fighting my way to get the Dynamic variant for just the ABS, Fog lamps, rear wiper and the Multi-information display.

As an update I have added window curtains to the car - http://teamfiat.com/threads/sunscreens-for-windows.13105/

About two weeks back I went for an ICE upgrade

Got the Active fascia from DRS Gurgaon for 235.00, had to pre-order and paid advance so that they better delivery it.
    Pleased with the response of DRS. They called me a couple of days before the expected delivery to confirm the arrival of the product. While i took delivery I wanted it to get painted in silver grey to match the dashboard. Fortunately the fascia had a few scratches and so when i said that anyway it will have to be painted black, might as well paint it silver. Mr Rawat immediately obliged and told the staff to do the needful and I was not charged for it. Had to pick it the next day, but tipped the painter for doing a good job.

The following items were installed. Installation was done at Motor Concepts , Delhi

Dampmat pack - bought it from ebay with discount coupons :)
    Pioneer DEH - 3790 UI ( online )
    Blaupunkt GTA 470 SF ( online )
    Hertz ESK 165.5 components ( online )
    Cerwin Vega 8Awg Amp Kit ( Motor Concepts )
    Scoche RCA cable ( Motor Concepts )
    Scoche speaker cable ( Motor Concepts )
    Connector ( Motor Concepts )
    Water Guard ( Motor Concepts )

Overall the installation experience was just okay, had to stand and keep a watch on all that was being done else God know what would have happened. The guy Pramod almost stomped on OEM speakers. The damping was not getting done evenly on the right side door, so had to point that out. Also the kind of installation I wanted was not done exactly the same way. But that is another story.

Also they put a scratch on the fascia, ( saw it after driving around 3 kms from MC) when i went back to show it to the owner, his reaction were as if its normal, no apologies or any action taken, just asked his worker to wipe and see if it works. Also due to keeping the dampmat on the seat, a small patch of black mark has been left on it. I asked the guys to clean it, which he did, but yet its there, will do it myself with APC, once i get time.

Also, the tuning was very basis. Amp kept at 50%, all others kept at flat even the HU. When i asked to owner Aman to help with the tuning, he did spend around 5 mins, but said we usually keep it flat and later the users tune it as per their liking.

Now, the ICE has come really lively. Everything bought online worked flawlessly ( which was the biggest concern ). I am really pleased and all the money spent was worth it. The next addition is going to be a 10" subwoofer from JL Audio 10WXv2.

Just 200km left for my 1st service. Plan to go for engine oil and oil filter change rather than just top-up. Think it will be better for the life of the car unless there is actually a negative side to it.

Till then --- ride one --- May the force be with us all :cool::cool:
    asimpleson and prabhjot like this.