1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying & Ownership Experience - FGP Active - Knight OB-1

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by kunwar.g, Aug 28, 2014.

1. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Planning for trip to Kashmir coming Feb. Still trying to gather as much info as possible (especially road condition and snow)

Make sense probably. Do discuss with the service advisor (this case). May be, it can be a useful tip to someone getting struck in similar situation.
  2. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got my car back from DRS yesterday. Due to network issue they were unable to prepare the bill for the major work, so payment is still pending.

Had given car for the denting and painting of rear left door and of bumper which was approved by insurance during 2nd week of Dec, however I didn’t have time to give car to them for 2 days.

Gave car on 22nd and all work including above and replacement of engine guard, silencer pipe, fuel tank and dead axle. Thankfully the fuel pump had no damage. Lets see what the eventual cost come out to be. Paid 1K for the processing fee of the denting and painting work. Color match is 99% this time. Got the running board and mirror cap repainted as the color was not matched 100%. That's the issue with Oceanic Blue color. Its a double shade, has prominent Blue and at some angles it has strong purple tint. The running board and mirror caps had a black tint to it. Will wait for a few days and see if all is well this time. Definitely needs rubbing.

Paid 1.5K as out of station labour charge. Gave another 1K as token to Parvez also.
    Ravi_M and metal_heart like this.
  3. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got call from body shop and have been told that I have to pay Rs 4200.00 for my part of the insurance claim for the damaged parts replacement. It includes the 1000 file charge, 2100 engine oil , 25% of the tax of labour charge and seleant used for oil sump. All in all the accident has costed me close to Rs 10,000 including. But I will leave out about 2500.00 as I anyway had planned to change oil after the trip per my plan of Engine oil change at 7500km interval

What do you when your loved ones gets unwell and or has suffered a loss. You gift him/her something to bring about some happiness back to life.

I too have gifted my Knight OB1 with something to make it happier and increasign my pride. Watch out the space for more info on this.
    varunrtr and gpunto75 like this.
  4. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    More than money, it's been the stress which (might) costed you much more. Hopefully, this was a rare experience of life time
  5. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    True that. I take it as a great learning experience for myself and for those who have gone through my thread. Also, a good testing time to realise how some people had taken the extra effort and went out of their way to help me and my family. Thanks to all of them

My amazing Dad
    General Manager, DRS Motors , Gurgaon -- Mr. Sohan Rawat
    Head Technician, DRS Motors , Gurgaon - Parvez
    @Prashant Teki
    @Jotinder
    @mohit saini
    Owner and staff of Ritu Raj Hotel , Thal
    The local mechanic and his team at Thal ( unable to recollect his name at this moment )
    Prashant Teki and mohit saini like this.
  6. Prashant Teki

Prashant Teki Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Linea 1.3
    @kunwar.g we being a family (TeamfiatIndia) its our duty to help our brothers and sisters. Thanks for mentioning that we extended our help. At the end all that matters is that you and your family along with your car are back safe and sound.
    kunwar.g and gpunto75 like this.
  7. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So, here is the update on the gift to my OB-1

DSC_6580.jpg

DSC_6583.jpg

DSC_6592.jpg

DSC_6582.jpg

DSC_6597.jpg

DSC_6633.jpg
    Ruban, Prashant Teki and Ravi_M like this.
  8. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very nice gift. Please provide the cost and other details. Did you get warranty on that.
  9. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    That adds character to the car. Why does the RHS lamp look brighter than LHS (in the last two pics). Is it alignment issue??
  10. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    21K for parts and installation. Travel expenses to go to Chandigarh from Gurgaon is separate.

Parts used
    Hella E55 projector
    4300K D2S Cnlight bulb
    Apollo 2.0 shrouds
    Relay, bulb adapter, sealant