1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying & Ownership Experience - (EDIT - ODO @ 14,100 kms) -

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by nitinjd, Mar 8, 2011.

1. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    bangalore-mumbai-ahmedbad-khedbrahma-jetalpur-dhabhan-vartal-mahalav-ahmedbad-limbdi-rajkot-gondal-gadhada-sarangpur-bochasan-surat-thithal-mumbai-bangalore.
  2. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gave for shampoo cleaning from inside the car in KHT workshop, bangalore. On delievery found AC vent (where the air flow direction can be adjusted plastic one front-central one) was broken, i argue and finally they replace it. So my personal advice if your car really need to visit service center only then give your car in workshop else try to avoid. Becz don't know what else can break.
  3. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not really, but yes 1 min walking distance.
  4. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its in daily city travel.
  5. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As mention did long drive about 5k in the month of may'11. here is link

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?2641-5000-KM-in-15-days-OD-14100-KM-in-13th-months

I have a query related to car servicing:

As per schedule i.e. service should be either 15k or 1 year whichever is earlier, in the month of may’11 completed one year even though OD showing 9010 km, so i decided and did service before trip

Now OD is showing 19300KM. I am planning to do 2 long trip in the month jan’12: 3rd week (BOM-BLR-AMD-BOM-BLR) I guess OD will be approx. 21000 km and 2nd on march’12:2nd week (BLR-BOM-BLR) OD will be approx. 26000 KM.

Since from 1st service till end of March’12, my car will run approx. 16990 KM (26000 km – 9010 km) which is more than as per schedule KM i.e. 15K.
    Here are my questions: When to do service?

After completing both trips?
    OR
    After completing first trip?
    OR
    In the month of MAY’12 (2 year completion and OD approx. 28000 KM).

I will do general checkup before any long trip.

Thanks
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    EDIT- is your next service due at 24000km's?
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

@nitinjd: you have already covered about 10K, so please do change the oil (irrespective of the service) before the two long trips - your engine will thank you for this.
  8. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3

my mistake, Its 2nd service and not 1st service.

My next is a 3rd service, as per schedule it will be on may'12 or 30K km, which ever is earlier

After doing both trip, OD will show 28K km, since service interval is every 15k and it will run around 17k km.
  9. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had drafted this just after coming back from trip. Just sharing again.

A long trip (MUM-BLR-GUJARAT-MUM-BLR) distance covered 4977 KM on GP MJD
    Hi Guys,

Before going for long trip, i have few queries related to trip, you can find on below link:

Need help on Bangalore to mumbai trip with family

Thank you guys for suggestion.

Purpose of trip:
    Long drive experience,
    Cousin Sister & brother’s wedding
    BAPS Swaminarayan Temple Darshan.

Myself, mom, wife and 2 kids were all set to go for trip.I had appointed a driver only for Bangalore to Mumbai, he reached BLR home on 13th afternoon.

We had descent luggage 2 bag of size 45cm * 55 cm * 30cm (W*H*L), 2 hand bag, 1 food bag container & 20L water container.

Did full tank and PUC, took extra copy of insurance, PUC, RC, Fiat service center booklet, additional car key, Map and print out of BLR-MUM road info

14th May, 2011 Bangalore to Mumbai
    Did trip reset A & B and OD showing 9010 KM. Slept early, waked up at 2.30 am and then all of us were ready by 3.30 am,
    We left home by 3.51 am, through outer ring reached habal, paid Rs15 the first toll fee at 4.40 am and then Rs 13 at neelmangla at 4.42 am. We reached Chitradurga at 6.45 am OD showing 9220 KM i.e. 210 KM in 2.55 hrs. Took a tea break on Sira for 10min and reached Balgaum 11.00 am 9545 KM distance covered 535km in 7.10 hrs.
    Took a launch at Hotel Sai Resort at Kolhapur at OD showing 9645 KM distance covered 635 KM in 9.10 hrs and reached pune at 3.00 pm and navi Mumbai at 5.15 pm and home at 7.15 pm south Mumbai.
    Distance covered 1054 KM in 15.25 hrs mileage of 17.5 kmpl 100% AC on.

17th May, 2011 Mumbai to Gandhinagar
    we Left Mumbai at 5.00 am, after vasai, found huge traffic,no movement at all, lots of lorries, got a chance to drive on wrong side. Manage to escape that situation soon. Till vapi at every intersection, more than 10 bridge under construction work is going on, so all vehicle have to go through service road and believe me that was a pain. Took a break at Bharuch, visited BAPS Swaminarayan temple located on highway, did darshan and lunch in temple-premvati.
    Took vadodra-Ahmadabad express high-way, Excellent road, no disturbance, speed was around 120km per hrs. reached Ahmadabad at 2.00 pm and then from Ahmadabad to himatnagar express high way reached gandhinagar, where my dad join with us and reached BAPS swaminaryan Akshardham 3.30pm, Did darshan, watershow , dinner and left at 9.30 Pm and reached backed to ahmedabad at friend’s house for night stay. Slept on open terrace having millions of stars on top. Good sleep.

18th May, 2011

left early Morning from friend’s house to shahibag, Ahmedbad, did darshan, chat with saint and breakfast and left from there at 11.30 am and reached khedabhrama at 1.30 pm i.e 133 KM in 2 hrs.
    19th to 22nd May, 2011: Cousin Sister & brother’s wedding
    BAPS Swaminarayan Temple Darshan.

23rd May, 2011

Left khedabhrama at 2.00 pm reached ahmedbad at 4 pm around 145 KM and then to jetalpur 25KM , dabhan 25Km, vartal 10KM & mahalav 18KM and back to Ahmedabad at 9.45 pm i.e. 60KM from mahalav, stayed there in friend’s house 24th May, 2011

24th May, 2011

Next day morning left Ahmedbad to limbdi 108 Km took 1.5 hrs, reached Rajkot temple at 12.25 PM 117KM took 2hrs, gondal 40Km 45 min, gadhada 90KM 2hrs.

25th May, 2011

Gadhada, sarangpur 40KM, bochasan 200km, surat 200KM 3 hrs

26th May,2011

Surat to tithal 95km 2 hrs Mumbai 200KM 3.5 hrs. The total distance covered in Gujarat was around 2800 KM. The Gujarat roads where excellent and fun to drive. The temperature reached to 45 degree. The AC cooling was excellent. The stay, Breakfast, launch & dinner most of time was in temple itself.

30th May, 2011

The day before leaving called driver for back to Bangalore and next day started at 3.00 Pm and we reached home BLR 5.00Am. 14 hours , 1035 KM gave mileage of 17kmpl. Most of time the RPM touching to 3K, the speed was between 80kmph to 110kmph, this affect the mileage. The road were empty no disturbance. We were 200KM away from Bangalore and suddenly rain started that was so heavly we cannot able to view properly so speed was arounf 20kmph, rain was till 20 min and then all was clear and back to normal speed. We have to stopped twice huge queue for crossing railway track. I do not remember the location, but yes second was inside Bangalore outer ring road.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  10. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Hmmm, thats one heck of a trip...