1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying & Ownership Experience - (EDIT - ODO @ 14,100 kms) -

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by nitinjd, Mar 8, 2011.

1. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Guys,

Before jumping into new car, I salute to my favorite family car: Maruti 800, the very first car for my family. Best for city drive especially in traffic mode, really enjoying driving and finally got the hands on driving experience.
    Hunting of buying a new car begins since from end of Sept, 2010 through mode of internet, having budget of below 5.5 lakh at the max.

I already set my mind to buy diesel one but I did have few queries in mind later got answer in this forum , thank you, (http://teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=1712) . I want to keep car for longer duration at least 10 year, so resale does not make any sense for me. I only listed out one base model i.e. Maruti Ritz LXI. I never thought of any other brand.

One month later K.H.T motor Tata-Fiat Dealer came to our office premises, kept Punto and Liena for display. I saw punto and you know about punto what a car!, Later I visited KHT, got a very good response from sales person and did test drive and finally the price of active base model which was under my budget after considering discounts(cash + corporate + insurance free + exchange bonus + value of my car + warranty).

Then I visited maruti showroom, saw Ritz, but it didn’t impress me much. I want to do test drive, but they do not had demo car and back to home with price tag (5.80 Bangalore OnRoad – 35k Disc + Accessories) – exchanging old car.
    My heart says punto but mind ?
    Before that I missed one point to share that I came across that same diesel engine is shared by swift/Ritz/Dezire/Vista/Punto and it is provided by FIAT. This makes me more confidence towards FIAT.
    So now I have many car to compare including ford Figo. I again went into detail review of each car except swift & desire which was out of budget.

I came to conclusion that Vista quatrajet is the cheapest among the car. So I two thing in my mind should I go for Vista or punto? I again visited KHT with my family saw vista and punto-went home- sit together -discuss a lot from all aspect and finally concluded to go with GP MJ active. Now the question was when to buy already it was December month end, but finally decided to buy in month of Feb 2011 due to some personal commitment.
    In the month of Feb i came across teamfiat.co.in and I posted my queries here (http://teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=1712)

Than later I started comparing feature of Punto Active v/s Dynamic. But due to my budget I stick to active model only.

Finally I bought emotion pack Bossa Nova White.

You may wonder the discussion started with active model and end up with emotion pack. WOW

One fine day I discuss with my friend Prashant that I almost decided to buy Punto Active MJ and that point of time to told me that in my company I got a mail from one of our employee want to sale his car GP Punto MJ emotion pack showing odometer 6700KM ,May 2010 Model , reverse sensor , leather cover, did 1st service, giving mileage 15 on city and 21 on highway and quoting 6.60 lac. Reason moving out of India. That day evening I did test drive and I offer him 6 lac and finally after 4 days deal got finalize at 6.15. This all happen at the end of Feb. I cross check with carewale web site, valuation of used car i.e. 5.10 lac to 5.90 lac (excellent condition). I was in WIN-WIN situation.

Till date I drove 370KM. Enjoying a lot and Very happy to take a wise decision to buy PUNTO since this was slightly over budget but the feature I am getting its worth.

Here is my beauty

Thanks to my friend Prashant and Manoj for amazing photography.

2. re: Buying & Ownership Experience - (EDIT - ODO @ 14,100 kms) -

Hi Nitin, Congrats.
    One suggestion - please paint those reverse parking sensors to BNW. It would gel well with the bumper.
  3. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

re: Buying & Ownership Experience - (EDIT - ODO @ 14,100 kms) -

Oh i dont think it needs to be painted. I think they look cool even now.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4

Congats Nitin!
    FIAT is a wise choice, and Punto is a smarter Choice, especially as you want to keep your car for at least 10 years.
  5. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India

Congrats man.
    You made a BOLD and Wise choice

P.S.--> Superb photoshoot...which camera?
  6. rocket1234

hi congrats on your punto :car
  7. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3

Thank you all.
  8. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Not a big issue, just sharing....

Last week i experiance a strange thing related to steering media control, my car was on and running, pend drive is very well plugged into USB slot, The structure of files i.e. mp3s was follow

Display unit was showing mp3 list at root level only and not sub folder & files.

I tried all possible option to get those folder (mp3 list), but no luck, Finally through my PC i created a new folder and moved all above files & folder into it and then found working.
  9. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Congrats Nitin on your new acquisition. The more you drive your car, the more you'll fall in love with it. Drive safe and have a good time here at TFI.

BTW: Your friends Prashant and Manoj did an awesome job with the clicks on your car, thanks for sharing it!
  10. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Congrates Nitin for Bold and Beautiful Italian Babe 'Punto" in BNWhite.
    Happy FIATing and photos of ur car are rocking on TFI.