1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying linea 2012 model from showroom with a discount

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by himanshu4886, Aug 1, 2014.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I have bought a Linea MJD Dynamic 2012 June manufactured, in November 2013. I had done a detailed PDI along with one of our members Vj_v1. I have got the following replaced from the dealer.

1. All fluids
    2. Battery
    3. There was small patch of rust on the bonnet edge and a small paint chip on the left rear door handle. Got them fixed.

On the day of delivery I exchanged the stock tyres and got 195/65 R15 Yoko DBs

It has run close to 12k kms so far and have done 3 highway trips. The longest being to Kodaikanal (~1100 kms one way) which I drove in a single stretch. No issues faced so far (touchwood). I have got the engine oil, oil filter and air filter changed when my car clocked ~7.5k kms (IIRC).

You are supposed to get the 3+2 yrs warranty and I suggest not to take the car without it. The 3 yr warranty will be applicable from the date of purchase and its given by Fiat so dealer should not have an issue with it. They might deny extended warranty but please insist on it. I have got 3+2yr warranty. My OTR was 9L.
  2. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Gagan,

I am getting Rs. 2lacs discount on the ex-showroom price of the model and I am liking the model very much. I will ask dealer for all the fluids change. I dont think dealer will agree for the tyres change.

He has said this is the maximum discount he can provide. May be because I liked the linea very much..
    1 person likes this.
  3. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^ I personally feel the Discount is very very less. Please keep in mind that this is the old model and 2 years old vehicle. The value of the vehicle is actually based on the year of manufacture and not based on the year of registration.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  4. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    If you've not made any payment, then please do not go for this 2.5 year old car lying with the dealer. 2 Lacs discount for this car is absolutely not done.
    Better, search for a well maintained pre-owned Linea, you'll get it at a much lesser price.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Go for it himanshu. i brought my linea Tjet on Jan 2014, Manufactured in 2012. my car odo read was 160 km. and i can say that till today my Tjet is running without any single issue. small rattle sound and color fade on bonnet were there. as promised by fiat they repainted the bonnet and cleared all rattle sound on first service. now i have done almost 7800 Kms. i did many long trips too. not a single issue. still i am running with the stock Tyres. just do a detailed PDI if everything is ok then go for it. sorry for my bad english. they give me extended warranty also free. :) wish you all the best
  6. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hmm I also felt the same that discount is less but I liked the old model front grill more classy then new linea. And also the I find it is better then used one.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Ask for a 3+2 warranty, Check that your OTR should not go beyond 8.5. Ask for few free accessories if they are not giving more discounts. All the best.
  8. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Hi Himanshu,
    I believe there is a scope for bargain. Periodically/ generally Fiat gives 1 Lakh cash discount plus 1 lakh exchange bonus on 1 year old model. This is the deal I got when I purchased T-Jet in June 2012 which is May 2011 manufactured. I stressed for some more discount OTR, which they agreed though the exchange price of my Wagon-R was less than market value. Apart from this I got free RSA, 3+2 yrs warrenty, free insurance & free bees like boot carpet, cheap car cover, mats & mud flaps. They did not replace any fluids or batteries as car was arrived strieght from Pune stockyard to dealer showroom once I confirmed order. So far I didn't face any issue with my Linea and service support is better than others.
    As yours is a 2 years old model, you must get 3lakh discount if you bargain hard. Don't show the dealer that you are very incliened for this car at the same time show genuineness is buying. I believe its a good deal if you get some more discount & insist for 3+2 yrs warrenty
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  9. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    Do confirm the warranty 3+2 as sometimes dealers bill the car in own names and ince you buy

You will still be first owner but the warranty had already started from their invoice date , so do confirm

Secondly 2 lac is too low, in Delhi , some dealer were offering upto 4 lacs for 2012 stock

You need to bargain hard to at least get 3 + lacs of discount, show dis-interest so that dealer will be afraid to loose a customer

Thanks
  10. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

Hi Gagan,

could you please let me know which dealer is offering discount upto 4 lakhs for 2012 stocks as one of my friend is looking to buy Linea

Regards
    Puneet