1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying linea 2012 model from showroom with a discount

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by himanshu4886, Aug 1, 2014.

1. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi guys am buying linea 2012 from showroom with a huge discount. Experts please comment. What pre delivery checks should be done and approximate depreciation of vehicle for manufacture year April 2012 till now.

This is the Emotion model. I need help of experts and fiat lovers to guide me through the purchase process and how to do run in drive.
  2. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Hi Himanshu,
    Good luck with your Linea purchase. As you mentioned this is a 2012 model from showroom but just find out if it is a demo car or just a display model lying in showroom. If it is a display model with not many KMS run on ODO then just do a detail PDI (Pre delivery inspection). You can find a PDI list from here http://www.teamfiat.co.in/team-fiat-downloads/2058-fiat-specific-pdi-v3-0-new-format.html#post41923. With your post I can see you are getting a good discount so I belive you can go for it.
    But if this car is a demo peice which is most probably extensivly used & abused by many hands so I'd suggest to be over cautious and also take a good mechanic while doing a PDI & see if any part are replanted in other cars from it when car was lying in showroom or yard. If you are satisfied by everything, you can start doing bargain hard for a demo car.
    2 people like this.
  3. antony1405

antony1405 Novizio

Chennai
    Hi himanshu... As said by Rachit please have the PDI checklist and go with the mechanic... Hope they will show the vehicle before booking it... Especially check the car in the daylight for damages/repainting... If the car was used as a demo then my suggestion would be not to go for it...
  4. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Himanshu, Ensure that battery is in good condition else ask the dealer to change to a newer battery. Going with a mechanic for PDI will be good.
  5. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Rachit for a quick reply. The vehicle is a stock one the odo is showing H65 kms. I have enquired about its being an demo vehicle but it was not
  6. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi antony the car is not a demo . I will go through the checklist. I checked the vehicle in the showroom it was clean but will check it again once I read the checklist
  7. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Vishi, regarding battery the dealer is saying that you will get the warranty from the date of purchase. So I feel convinced as he is saying that we cannot change anything in stock vehicle.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hey himanshu, H65 seems good to go, but as others have suggested, do a detail PDI, check for any rust, repaint/patch work. All the best.

:eek:fftopic - Use edit button instead of back to back post, himanshu :)
  9. antony1405

antony1405 Novizio

Chennai
    Great... All the very best and happy jetting..
  10. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    Hi

Test Drive for 20-30 kms

You must get the tyres and all fluids replaced even if they seem in good condition and all rubber parts e.g wipers , belts noise, speakers etc

Also check that you get current 3+2 warranty completely

Atleast must to get is 50% discount [ 5 lacs ], then only it make sense

Thanks