1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying help needed for my first Fiat

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Sunith, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

Hello All,

I have been stalking the forum for sometime now :D , ever since I decided that my first car will be the Italian beauty- Grande Punto.

I have spoken to all 4 dealers in Bangalore and zeroed in on two of them, Both have pretty much given the same quotes(~8.3L for the Emotion Variant) after all discounts and along with the Absolute pack. And no other freebies/ discounts spoken about. Planning to book the car after the 15th of this month.

Need your help to know what more I can ask the dealer before booking the vehicle.
    I'm :confused:

2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Congratulations on deciding on Punto Sunith.

8.3 for the Emotion variant? Probably, Bangalore members can comment here. I believe you should get some more discounts.
    1 person likes this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Hi Sunith

Have a read of the TFI PDI Checklist to check the car inside out.

Can you post up a complete break-up of the price quoted by the dealer.

4. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

Thanks Ramjn and Gurjinder.

---------- Post added October 6, 2012 at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was October 5, 2012 at 11:20 PM ----------

Even though the quotes are similar This is the break up of the quote. Still to subtract Corporate discount Dealer 1 says I am in Category B(Rs 5000), Dealer 2 has still not got back with the corporate discount.

Dealer 1 (Dealer 2)

Ex Showroom 698150

Road Tax 108492 (108493) I don't know why the Re1/- difference here

Absolute pack
    (Insurance 50%)
    12822.5 (12835)

ExT Warranty 5093

Handling/RIC 5500

Total 830057.5 (830071)
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Decide if you would really need the absolute pack. If not opted, you would get free insurance. Also, in most of the cases the Handling charges will be waived by the dealers. Negotiate on this front too.
  6. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

Ramjn : Taking the Absolute pack for the tab and navigation @ around 12K. When i asked about the handling charges both of them said they will not waive it. Probably will ask them just before i book.
  7. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Hi Sunith,
    I don't know if there is any discount still available or not but I got Linea T-Jet+ in June'12 for more than INR 200k less than this price in exchange of old car. FIAT was disposing 2011 stock on gr8 discount, I can gaurentee even without discount FIAT's car is worth buying.
    2 people like this.
  8. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

I am planning to book the car on Friday this week, The final deal as of now for BNW Punto Emotion in Bangalore is 8.23L (Absolute Pack and 7k for Corp Disc)+ RPS(OEM). Do I need to push further to get anymore discounts or is this good enough.? :confused

Also I am planning to get the ORVM's painted E.Red. Should I get it done with the dealer or outside, And what will be the approx cost for getting this done both with the dealer and outside.

PS: Tried to ask them to waive the handling charges, Strict denial by the dealer to do that. :( Will try and persuade one last time before booking.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Who is the dealer?

Keep bargaining till last moment ;).
  10. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

KHT Motors at Kundalahalli. :)