1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying Grande Punto in chennai ( Good deal or hidden trap )

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by samnik60, Nov 6, 2013.

1. samnik60

samnik60 Timido

chennai
    Hi Guys,
    I am from chennai and i am planning on getting a Grande Punto active .I have the following concers,

1. I am getting the following offers from the dealers in chennai , i find it too good to be true especially with RDC fiat.

RDC Fiat :

Grande Punto Active : 6 Lakhs ( on road price )

Ramkay Fiat :

Grande Punto Active : 6.4 Lakhs ( on road price )

2. I find the active model suitable for my day to day commute.Is it really worth to shell out extra 50-70 k to get a Dymanic version.

Since this is my first time buying a car on my own, I am wondering is this year end discount or some hidden trap.Kindly let me know what u think.

Thanks,
    Samnik60
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    I would say, pick up a dynamic. It is worth it. You get ABS, MID etc

If possible wait till Jan/Feb to get more discounts.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Go for Dynamic variant as its worth for your money with more features than Active variant.wait till new year comes or get Punto now only if you cant wait.:)
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why so much difference?
    Also, do verify car is not old (check VIN).

If if you can spend little more, as others said, Dynamic is better choice, however, Active model also should be a good choice.
  5. samnik60

samnik60 Timido

chennai
    Thanks for quick reply guys. I can wait till Jan/Feb too , if its gona get me good discount on dynamic version.
    Just curious, how much discount are we taking about if one gets a 2013 oct-Dec car in 2014 jan/feb. I am planning on keeping the car for a while so not worrying about resale.

Ravi : i will check out VIN details from RDC.
  6. tiaf

tiaf Novizio

Chennai
    Can you please post a breakup of the OTR given by both the dealers? 40K is a huge difference!
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    As everyone has suggested, try to get the dynamic variant. Check with both the dealers if the price difference for the Dynamic variant is same as Active. Regarding your query is the thread title, it is indeed a good deal and IMO there is no hidden trap in this deal. Fiat has been coming up with such offers regularly. If you plan to wait till Jan-Feb 2014 for more offers bear in mind you will still get a 2013 manufactured car.
  8. Hi there is no trap in the offer. For Active version there is 85000 discount if there an old car RC or around 50-60000 if no old car.
    Here in Hyd I got quote for 5.8 including corp discount for active.
  9. hi puntoadmirer,

can you pls suggest which dealer is proving good offers in hyderabad? i am from hyd too and planning to buy punto emotio. AV motor currently touch with me but not butta. Who is the better dealer in b/w these two. How much they are currently offering now?

Also i am thinking the best time to buy the car in terms of offers. if you can throw some suggestions that would be great/
  10. Hi I dont know much about better dealership but my interaction was good with AV motors compared to Butta. Haven't negotiated much with Butta but AV has offered quote of 7.6 for emotion. I have read in your earlier post of 7.5. where did you get that. This week I think there are new offers which are not that good for november as mentioned in other posts but has to confirm from dealer.

I think best time maybe december end or in january.