1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying Demo car

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Rachit Bhatnagar, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    +1 to the above. Even if these guys are offering warranty, I would not touch a demo car with a long pole.
  2. TD cars or display cars are sold of in this manner to unsuspecting customers,these cars are not eligible for any warranty related issues...That is why this high discounts,suggest your friend to stay away from deals like these(go for punto if budget is a constraint,he will have complete peace of mind with the warranty in place)
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I will suggest to stay away from this car. Check if 2011 Linea is available at stockyard or not, if it is available then get that car but big NO for demo car.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Never buy a TD car. Its not the 1000km you should worry about but how that 1000km was driven.
    Whatever the discount whatever the deal simply walk out of it.
    Even if your friend had to settle for a punto instead of the linea so be it.
    It's not worth the risk .
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Damn. I got my T-Jet with 148 kms on the ODO for less than that :D

Rajan
  6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Even my advice would be to stay away from the car unless the dealer or atleast the SA there is a very close friend or relative of yours whom you can trust.

The first question that pops in my mind is 'what if they change the spare parts in this car?' just like as Kiran mentioned
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Linea over Manza, a family crisis..resolved..!

It's an old thread, yet find worth sharing my experience related to a demo car for sale.

Sometime in the early quarter of 2012, a prominent Tata-Fiat dealer from Mumbai-Thane had offered Tata Manza Quadrajet (mjd) Elan top-end variant, a demo car from year 2011.

A friend of mine, let’s say Michaeleone, who's Palio 1.9D had already aged well and was looking for suitable replacement, was hell bent on trying to buy this demo car due to a whopping 35% discount on the on-road price. His family had grown pretty weary of Fiat's horror service and spare issues and prices. They had already spent ridiculous amount of money over a period of years to maintain the Palio D. Scratch that, it was actually obscene amounts for a maintaining a car. So much so that saving this money over the years would allow them to buy 2 mid-variant Puntos with that amount of cash, with little to no top-up loan at all. Thanks to the TA-FIA collaboration fiatsco.

However, all members in la famiglia, two brothers, their wives, and their mother n father were spoiled with the different level of feel, comfort and driving experience they had, ever since they bought the Palio 1.9D. Everyone one in family had a unique criteria set of car selection drastically different than each other leaping from one segment of cars to another, back and forth in an attempt to find the perfect car.

There had been heated debates with passion filled arguments almost everyday for a few months about overall car market trends, the choices available in budget, what should be the budget, what could be the budget, what could be a worthy replacement to the Palio 1.9D, only to lead to an impasse over choosing a family car or more so a joint-family car.
    [HR][/HR]
    Storia
    familiare della famiglia

Finally, yours truly was summoned by Vitoleone aka The Donfather (for your imagination) on a special duty as a Consigliere to him, to build a consensus within family and bridge communication gaps specially between himself and his sons, seniore Fredoneone and fratello minore Michaeleone.

The Donfather wanted to know what between the Linea and Manza made them similar yet so different, since the offer on the demo Manza was too good to ignore. Seniore Fredoneone somehow was willing to look away from Fiat totally and then again our beloved fratello minore Michaeleone; already heart-broken even at the thought of departing the likes of Palio for the City, SX4, Manza and such.

Also haunting the family was a big loan for car which made them think hard if passing this deal was a blunder or otherwise given that business was not at the usual best.

Like the cherry on the icing on the cake; the marketing guy at dealership was even willing to reset the odo and offer full company warranty and extended warranty as a part of the deal. He even guaranteed to make it to showroom condition and offered so they could pick it up from a showroom itself. A brand new car at 35% discount if only they were willing to overlook that she wasn’t a “virgin” car.

Me got thinking to myself in Chandler Bing’s famous “could they be any dumber”, should they let go this awesome-awesome deal.

Yet, a test drive was demanded by Papà Vitoleone to test it alongside the 2012 Linea and so it was decided. Once again as summoned by Papà Vitoleone, the consigliere himself drove the family to the said showroom where she was lying, waiting in the yards, waiting for her potential owners to bid for her post their tasting …erm testing.

The drive was nice and every time Papà Vitoleone sat in the back and middle position to ensure if the ride was what it was as claimed for Tata Manza. Then came the question of drive characteristics of the Manza and as the Consigliere was again asked for my opinion, which was very diplomatically and tactfully handled, since no one, as in no-one messes with The Donfather.

Upon suggestion by Consigliere it was decided that no way should they buy this unless a Linea was test driven immediately after this. The Donfather sitting again in the Linea, making a poker face, doing what he’s best at, before he ever speaks. This time Fredoneone to his right and Donfather still managing to position himself somewhat between the middle of the rear seat.

Michaeleone being the smarty pants that he is, refused to test drive the Linea and insisted the Consigliere should drive whose verdict he knew could seal the deal. There was no formal lobbying by himself either to influence me as he sensed in advance what a Consigliere could do should his integrity be challenged by a dangerous attempt of influencing the influential. :cool

The Linea MJD started with a low frequency hum, all cabin sealed, auto-climate on. No Blue n Me looked at, no one bothered to, not a word for a brief moment. The car quickly moved towards the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] and 4[SUP]th[/SUP] and top within no time; the Consigliere was filled with emotion pack, thinking what Stig-macher would have done and how Jeremy Clarkson would have reacted. Before he could enjoy the moment, a bajaj rickshaw crossed him abruptly from the opposite lane with a quick and sharp U-turn feeling like a sudden commercial break, breaking an edge of the seat moment. It felt like I was driving for a president doing evasive maneuvers with the remarkable way the car behaved to sudden situation.

The car nearly stopped at the shortest distance allowing me to maneuver safely, making The Donfather uncomfortable for a moment who still donned a poker face, as could be seen clearly in the rear view mirror. The drive continued without halting the car shifting rapidly through gears, skipping a few of them while downshifting and bypassing the rickshaw as if it was never there. The moment made everyone realize how well the Linea could brake and handle itself without exposing passengers to any uncomfortable g-forces.

There was a definite change of heart and they were speechless after the whole test drive was completed along with a rigorous testing of the suspension setup.

A Few days passed by with no word from The Donfather, and suddenly one day the nod was given and Michaeleone rushed and booked a Linea and today Fredoneone is the one who enjoys driving her the most.

The dons managed to get a whopping 1.25lacs Rs. discount there as well. Such is the magic of a Fiat over it's customers. :D
    5 people like this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Aseem,

For a moment I thought you were a Mumbaite in Italian disguise. Superb writing.
    1 person likes this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Girish. What can I say.
  10. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    buona decisione
    1 person likes this.