1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying and ownership - Punto 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Imteeyaz, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Next day my wife and mother-in-law attended the event, a big virtual key was handed over to my wife by the owner of Torrid in presence of top fiat officials. A cake cutting was arranged and it was a nice celebration, which made the decision maker and official owner of the car happy. After the celebration a driver was arranged by Fiat who dropped my better half and my mother in law home. The car was back to the workshop for registration number plate and other extra fitments I had requested. I was not very keen on taking the delivery on week days as it would mean taking the delivery while I am on my way back home from office and that’s late evening. So I was sure I could lay my hands on my GP only after a week and it was a long wait. During this time I got myself registered on teamfiat and was going through as many posts as I could. Finally, the day came and we went to get our new family member home. Mr. Zainul had called us to workshop to collect the car and when we reached there we were surprized to see him waiting for us on the road outside the workshop compound to welcome us. We went inside and my pearl white GP was all ready to hug me. I felt like it’s my wedding and the bride is an Italian beauty in her wedding gown ;). We were taken around the car; I did my PDI during which I found that the rear number plate bulb was still not working. Mr. Manager said its changed may be some lose connection so he got it rectified and it was on. I told Zainul where are the complimentary goodies to which he said original mud flaps, floor mats and car cover are the goodies. I said I was expecting sun visors, seal plates and absolute sticker, he said it won’t be possible I insisted and he got the seal plates fitted. We started from the workshop and reached my in-laws place, I was smiling all the way. While parking the car in reverse I noticed a humming noise when I rolled the steering to extreme left and it dint feel smooth, I got worried. I called up zain and he asked me to take the car back to the workshop. It feels very odd to take the car to workshop on the day its delivery is taken. I went there a bit disappointed; the workshop manager checked the issue. He said the humming sound is due to the hydraulic steering wheel pump and it’s in all the cars, he took me to a couple of other GPs which were lined up for servicing. He was right that noise was there in all the cars when the steering is rolled to extreme left. However he said he will get the smoothness issue checked. A technician opened my cars steering wheel; it’s difficult to see such things on your car on the day of its delivery. Between the steering wheel and the steering wheel rod there is white plastic ring. The technician showed me that and said its due to this ring that I feel a friction. Also he mentioned this issue is common in all the variants without air bags, as in air bags variant this ring is of metal instead of plastic to support the extra pressure to accommodate air bags. He even replaced that ring with a new plastic one but the friction was still there. He said if he tinkers with it more it will affect the retraction of indicator stick which had happened with another GP. He suggested let it be as it is and it will go away with time. That reminded me on my earlier car’s self-healing parts – my Mahindra Scorpio :). Mr.Aneesh Pore apologized for the inconvenience and I left from the workshop. It was the same drive, workshop to my in-laws house so I relived my first drive after taking the delivery. As a custom which we do for all our cars we took the car to Shiddhi Vinayak temple for pooja. My first drive with headlights on from the temple and I found the HLs doing a good job. I however felt a need for a better horn with such idiots on bikes, bicycles and walking around on our congested roads. Apart from the horn I felt the tyres needed an upgrade to enhance the looks of the hottest looking hatch.:cool:
  2. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its three months and eight days since I got the Punto home and I am loving each moment with it. Upgrades I have done till date.

Bosch Symphony Dual Horn
    Tyres - from JK 165/80 R14 to Bridgestone Potenza 185/70 R14
    3M Paint Sealant, anti-rust and front windshield film.
    Orchis seat covers, door trims, gear knob and hand brake wrap

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Earlier versions used to come with Dual horn, and was sufficient, but single horn needs an upgrade. Glad that you changed, and also highly recommneded tyre upgrade ::T.

Regarding humming noise, do try to drive any other cars, may be on some TFI meets and get confirmation.
  4. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Ravi, I had checked few other cars at the work shop, dint actually drove them but just fired up the engine and steered the wheel to extreme left and right. Both the cars I checked had that humming noise. However, the steering of my car now moves smoothly.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My car is due for first service. Looking for suggestions about things to be taken care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Nice pics of your Punto & good review by you on dealership & buying experience.
    1st service is not a big thing to worry about,they just top up all fluids & other things as the car doesnt need much of things to be done,members plz provide your information here about what should be taken care of in 1st service as i m not an expert here.
    Happy miles with smiles,enjoy the drive with your Punto Imteeyaz bhai.
  7. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    The Details of the service to be carried is given on the back of the leaflet of the service coupon. The wheel alignment would be checked.
    The tyre would not require rotation (as per the service manual), so as a checkpoint, I had marked the tyres (with oil paint) to ensure they were not.

Apart from this you would want to clean the engine bay.(This was done for my ride) and discuss any niggles/noise.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  8. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Has anyone tried 14" Fiat Palio (Flower Design) alloy wheels on Punto?
  9. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Nadeem Bhai
  10. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    No one has tried 14" flower design Palio wheels on their Punto,better you get Linea's 15" wheel covers on your ride,they look classy & beautiful.