1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying an Hatch for7L OTR

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by ferrari1234, Jul 1, 2012.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Go with Punto, if not then Figo T.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ferrari1234 I think you are the same person from MOTORBEAM. You still searching the car?

First Shortlisting your cars you need to zerod down to your requirement and then start searching. You selected each and every car which is available in India. Decide preferred manufacturer, price bracket, expectations from the car and then shortlist the car. If you select all the cars then you will end up with confusion.

On MOTORBEAM you said you have cancelled the booking of Duster. Is it true.
  3. Reading your thread says me one thing. You need a 7lakh hatch with usage of 3k/month.

If I was in your situation, I would narrow down on two cars - Punto 1.3 Active & Punto 1.3 Dynamic.

Even I was in your situation 1 month back, when I was confused about final zeroing in one car.

By looks, sturdiness, robust engine, mileage, Drive pleasure, comfort, handling, smile and joy - Punto beats all.

I took Punto 1.3 MJD Dynamic on Sep-8 for OTR INR 686,675 and still loving my decision.

But if not punto, then I would suggest you go for Ritz VDI + ABS - Value for money car if looks not a problem.

And hurry if Maruti, cuz Maruti is increasing prices till 2.6%
  4. Now,I m back to this thread.

I m considering German,Korean and Italian Beasts.

They are,

1.Polo High Line Diesel 2012.
    2.I20 Asta Diesel 2012 and
    3.Punto 90 HP Sports Diesel 2012.

In Sedans,

It is Japan and American Beauties.

They are,

1.D-zire ZDI 2012 and
    2.Classic Titanium and CLXI Diesel 2012.

My father is tilting to go for D-zire.But,I m tilting to go for Punto or I20 or Polo.

My running in 5 days is 72 Km and on Sat,it will be around 50-60 and on Sun,it will be about 50 Km.

My running is 1500 Km/Month.
  5. 1500 kms a month justifies for buying diesel car...

If 7l OTR is your budget,then most of the sedans are beyond it..Its quiet obvious that you are a fiat enthusiast so tou are inclined towards it...But the thing is does your dad want to be a fiatian??Request him to take a long test drive...

Punto Dynamic is a real VFM car,feature loaded and excellently priced...

But at the end of the day its your dad who will be deciding...Hope its a FIAT...Till then enjoy...
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Dude, I normally am mostly passive on this forum but my fingers are getting a bit itchy. So here it goes...

I heard from reliable sources that you still are in School. Which might technically mean that you have not reached the legal age to drive in India. So play safe buddy. I donno how a school going boy can do 100 Kms a day. You must be really lucky.

Keeping that aside, we all appreciate the fact that you have gained good knowledge about the automotive industry and the cars available in the Indian Market at such a young age. However, i have seen enough confused posts from you talking about buying different cars all at once starting with the Duster, T Jet and now the Punto.

People here on this forum are all Fiat crazy and love it every bit when they try to help another prospective car buyer is interested in FIAT since they want FIAT to succeed with the great products it offers. So my sincere request to you is to sit down, relax and think for a bit. If you are really buying a car, my understanding is that you already have enough knowledge about all available cars in the market, so you do not need any one else to tell you which one you should buy. And if you are just trying to have some fun and show off to your friends at school that you are extremely knowledgeable about cars and are an active member of an automobile forum, Please excuse us.

No offense meant, but this is what i felt. If you need more information about FIAT's, why don't you come down and meet us when a FIAT meet happens in Hyderabad and we'll tell you what to do and what not to. Actually you should have hitched a ride on my Punto to the South India Meet that happened recently, I would have showed you all the features/positives of a FIAT in one go. Unfortunately, you remain inactive during meet planning phases and we don't ever get to meet you. Hope you'll make it to the next Hyderabad meet so that we can discuss.

Meanwhile, i suggest you book the SUV, Pick it up. Drive it for a while, enjoy it. And then consider buying another car for yourself. Sounds like a plan?

And don't forget to post a few pics and help us treat our eyes too.

Cheers,

VJ
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
    2 people like this.
  7. I m inclining much for 90 HP Sports Punto only

Now,Budget increased to 9L.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012

8. To Bring a notice to the moderators. It would really be appreciable if there is a restriction in the age bars of the users trying to register in this forum.

So that, the information shared will be authentic and from a knowledgeable sources, where other member will not be deflected by
    any wrong information. Just a concern raised to protect the authenticity of the info in our forum.
  9. Its ok I guess @sunderji,every child will one day grow up to be a man,at this time passion for cars becomes an integral part for most guys(i guess)...In forums like these they will get educated about cars,get their questions answered,increase their knowledge...Otherwise after growing up they will blindly follow what every tom,dick,and harry does,buy the most thought to be reliable jap car...

sorry for going Offtopic...
    Mods delete my post if you find it inconvenient...