1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying advice on Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion variant.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by XLR8er, Dec 25, 2013.

1. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I hope it does. Will post a comparo of the dec 13 and jan 14 price lists once I visit showrooms in Jan.

The Road is My DRUG.!
  2. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Here's why I chose Fiat and other people who are considering alternatives also should.

1. A car should be built heavily.

2. No compromises on handling :D

3. Higher GC ( Requirement from my dad).

4. Powerful engine(90hp option is available)

5. Car should be distinct. Not just a one from many.

6. My usage will be more as my dad often go to his hometown within a month.(120kms away from pune).

7. A car should be a car. Not a wheel on the box or a frog.( I think you know which car I am talking about) ;)

Some cons.

1. I was a little scared about Fiat as others offer better A.S.S. (Not anymore after a talk with Kedar).

2. Maintenance should not be excessive and Expensive.

3. Not a wide network outside cities.

4. Suzuki offers hassle free experience but then I am just NOT a fan of them.(personal opinion and most will agree also).

You can notice that My Priorities about safety are at higher rank then other things come.

Safety is and always has been the most important thing for me.

The Road is My DRUG.!
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You have all the right check boxes ticked,you made the decision. :D

i think you first should know,what does an 75hp can do,before saying 90hp a powerfull engine.
    Drive 75hp punto and then drive 90hp to know the difference.
    if you liked the pull of 90hp then comes financial thing to decide.

75hp legs gets tired at 120Kmph and takes it sweet time to achieve the speed as demanded by driver, but not the case for 90hp.
    90hp is game changer after 100Kmph.
    Ami right 90hp owners ?

Tthink think think :D
    1 person likes this.
  4. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Totally agree with you Ganges. I TD'ed both 75hp and 90hp.
    And that's why I said if I am hungry for more then I have 90hp to choose from.
    And yes I love highways. So I think I am clearer about which variant I would want. Rather need. :D

The Road is My DRUG.!
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratsz.
    Get Addicted ;).
    1 person likes this.
  6. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Just got back from Pandit auto today. I have to give special thanks to Kedar for being there with me and making the experience a very good one.

Today a friend and I reached around 1pm at Pandit Auto, Model Colony, Pune.

Kedar Also came there at the same time. Then Kedar introduced us to the SA there.

As I knew about Emo 90hp already we went straight to the business. He asked us the color preference. I said Pearl White ( Family choice, you know how it works :D ) SA told us that he only have Sport variant and not the Emo 90hp one.

Kedar asked the price difference and he said. NONE.!! :cool: . My heart literally skipped a beat with joy when he said Black roof and Red ORVM's are added in the same price(Sport Pedals and other things are provided as an option)

Then again took a TD of 90hp again. My friend drove it too. He drives Toyota Liva and he really liked each and every feature. So it was a good experience.

Gonna place the booking amount tomorrow. However, the model is August model. I know it won't make big difference so shall i be worried?

Overall a good showroom experience. ( Will talk more about it in our dedicated threads).

Until the D-Day we can discuss the things here. Your suggestions are welcome.

The Road is My DRUG.!
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013