1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying advice and suggestions

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by punto2012, Aug 21, 2012.

1. punto2012

punto2012

Mumbai
    Hello All,

After all deliberations and reading of articles finally have zeroed in on buying a Punto 2012 MJD 1.3 Emotion :p. Navi Mumbai Fortune motors has given the following quote.

OTR: 7,91,000.
    Insurance : 24,500 ( waived off for value pack of 4000 rs)
    Corporate discount : 3000

Effective OTR : 7,68,000.

Wanted to know is this a good quote, or there is any chance it can be reduced even further.

MY initial interest was 90 HP variant, but learnt that only sportz model is available in this variant. Which doesnt interest me, with cosmetic stickers and no attractive colour for my liking :(.

your views and suugestions are welcome..

Also will like to know how to go about taking a car loan.
  2. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    nice deal what are the other freebies being offered
  3. punto2012

punto2012

Mumbai
    normal ones, mud flaps, car cover and also he said regarding cash he wont reduce any further, but we can talk about accessories when u finalize the car. What are other accessories I should ask for while bargaining.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Always good to check with at least 2 dealers in your city and then decide.

And I also see Punto 90HP (without sports model) is listed in Fiat website, may be good to check with Fiat helpline directly.
  5. punto2012

punto2012

Mumbai
    unfortunately I don't have that option ( or atleast I think so) , I stay in Navi Mumbai, where we only have one showroom for Tata/Fiat, If I go to Mumbai Showroom and think of buying there, I will have to bear 40K for Octroi charges.

And regarding 90 HP, they are saying that only sports will be available, as they have launched it against previous 90 HP. also I have heard that they are targeting 2000 units to be sold for Sports car , then they will go back to old 90 HP::pP
  6. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

recently , we booked a Fiat Punto 1.4 from Fortune showroom , delivery will be on 2nd sept.
    for free accs. they offer me only mud flap and mat , but i said that i dont want "mat" ( as I'm buying 3D mats) , instead give me Car Body Cover and he is agree...... For diesel punto only insurance is free ( + 15000 exchange bonus , if ur exchanging car).....If U got MORE accs. then tell me , so i can also bargin MORE !!! :D
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  7. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    u can ask for door sill and car mats.......these are standard acc. given to everyone
  8. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Welcome @punto2012 to TFI. There will not be any octroi charges even if you purchase from any mumbai dealer. I suggest you to check with other mumbai dealers. I will recommend you to buy the car during October-November. This is the time when you will get the maximum discount

I can't believe the prices have gone up so much. I purchased 2011 emotion pack last October for 6.8 lacs.
  9. punto2012

punto2012

Mumbai
    then not much options it seems, will surely let you know if he offers anything more to me :)

That will be great if it is, as my permanent address is at Mumbai, so wont be any issues getting a car there
  10. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

is they giving car body cover too (as standard)??? if yes , i will ask for door sill plates !! :)