1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying a Linea T-Jet Plus - EQ vs IQ

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by xplorauto, Nov 1, 2011.

1. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I tried very hard to maintain it below 2k RPM for the first 2500 kms, but what the heck, it's IMPOSSIBLE in this car man!

Esp once you see an open, inviting highway stretch!

The key to a good run-in is to expose the engine to a range of RPMs, which automatically gets done in city driving. So once a while (like every morning at 9.15 am), I let the engine breathe well on the Bandra Worli Sealink!
  2. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    I've been conscious of the run-in, but it's truly impossible to drive with a light foot... especially with that hungry growl around 2k rpm. I touched 130+ easily, but slowed down immediately as I dint want to push her too much so early.

Are you guys allowing her to idle for a while before cutting out the engine?
  3. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    hey soham, congrats man! Have fun with your Tjet. Choice made by you is simply the best in class!
    Well the FE is indeed wonderful.
    Have safe & Happy motoring! Post some pics of your beauty man.
    Cheers! :-D
  4. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    Totally agree ! Here I was on the well laid out NICE road and could sense my Jet drooling - so give in to his urge and just let him rip for about 2 kms and could just see the other cars vanish in the rear view, must have just touched 120 and just that felt great the way the car took in it's stride. Just cannot wait to stop worrying about the rpm !

Yes, try my best to but it is difficult to do it all the time, especially when in a rush and already late for that 10 AM meeting :)

Btw Soham - Congratulations on your new acquisition and apologies for hijacking your thread again ! Happy Jetting !
  5. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    Scorching the tarmac...My T-Jet in Sunbeam Beige
    IMAG0087.jpg IMAG0088.jpg
    11 people like this.
  6. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Bravo!... truly gorgeous!
    1 person likes this.
  7. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    WOW This Jet is looking awesome. Pristine !
    1 person likes this.
  8. rana

rana Novizio

Mumbai
    Italian damsel about to cause distress to Indian launda!!!!!!
    1 person likes this.
  9. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Looks like a beauty!
    Congrats Soham!
    1 person likes this.
  10. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Soham - I see you got yourself embossed number plates. Can you please share details of the shop where you got it from? AFAIK, Utsav was one company doing it pan-India but they have stopped it.

I'll be highly grateful if you can share the cost and contact details for the HSRP/hot embossed number plates.