1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying a Linea T-Jet Plus - EQ vs IQ

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by xplorauto, Nov 1, 2011.

1. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Yes tire rotation is an extremely important practice to increase longevity of your tires, but it's not necessary to include the spare tire in it. I have never done it in any of my cars previously.
  2. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    Got the T-Jet delivered today!!! Took her out for a spin.

The goods:

- She's looking stunningly classy with those V-Kools. Will post pictures soon
    - The Michelin PLCs are awesome
    - The car returned an impressive mileage of 12.4 kmpl. She hasn't even done 100 kms so far

The bads:
    - Between pre-registration inspection and pre-delivery, she has acquired a small sharp scratch mark on the rear bumper. The dealer has assured me of a replacement, but I'm wondering if replacing a factory bumper for that tiny scratch would be a good idea. I am concerned of the fit and finish of the replaced bumper as opposed to the stock one which is slick and snug. Also, whether they would be able to do a perfect match of the color.

- While taking the spin, I observed a faint rattle from somewhere while going over speed breakers. I haven't been able to figure out the exact location from where the sound is emanating. But it certainly is irritating.

cheerz
    Soham
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Congrats!!

Check out bnzjon's ownership thread - he was facing rattles which wee resolved by replacing one of the shockups. I think even rsinfo had faced it - you can check his thread as well
  4. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Speedjet its not shockups, it is called as suspension strut. Even i was having some rattle in my Linea. After replacing strut it was gone. Even check if you have mounting caps for front suspensions. If caps are not present then get them fixed. TASS won't cost you a penny.
  5. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Congrats Soham! I can identify with the feeling! Waiting for the pics, esp to see the VKool tints.

I'll suggest you to hold on to bumper replacement. I do not think it is warranted in a brand new car. Maybe touch up/buffing can correct this? Check with your dealer.

Btw, maybe I'm bursting your bubble here (sorry for that!) but the mileage figure that you're seeing on the MID is per 100 kms. From the MyCar menu, change it to 'kmpl' and then see. I'm guessing it should be around 7-9 kmpl within the first 1000 kms of city driving.
  6. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    I agree!!! I have indicated just that and the sales manager agreed to what I was comfortable with.

Nope @dj.nish, the MID is set to km/l. I set it to that before I drove out of the showroom and got it checked by the service manager. I can confirm that. :)
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  7. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    That's a pretty good mileage on your very first spin! I managed 10.x and 12.x on a recent highway trip and she's done about 630 odd kms so far.
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Awesome! My Tjet has covered 1550 kms in 1 month now, and the best I've got in city was around 9.2 kmpl and on highway 12.2 kmpl
  9. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    That is just too good - has it been mostly highway?

I have driven my Jet for about 750KM now (~ 300 highway and the rest city) and get about 9kmpl avg. On just the highway though it did go upto 12.3

On a slightly different topic - how are you guys 'running in' your new Jets?

I was very careful not go above 2K rpm for the first 600 odd kms but have then touched 3K once for a few minutes. It is just a different feeling altogether and very difficult to resist the urge :)
  10. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    It wasn't on a highway, but was not in bumper to bumper traffic either. It was a moderate traffic commute