1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying a Linea T-Jet Plus - EQ vs IQ

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by xplorauto, Nov 1, 2011.

1. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Can you name this chap pl? Would love to make him famous, and as well as regret his arrogance.
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    A very unfair one, full of struggles and trial and error!

On a serious note - I'm just trying to suggest options to Speed in case he decides not to wait till Jan 2012!
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    with all these state of affairs and our advises , it would all be getting on his (speed's) nerves and Xploreauto must be rethinking on his decision as this thread belongs to him.Am i right?
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Yes, I belive we have hijacked Xploreauto's thread way beyond control. Let's stop the discussion here and maybe continue over at Speed's thread?
  5. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Agree with you Nish and Jayadev. This is a happy thread for Xplorauto and we don't want him alarmed at his decision.
  6. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    Hello Fiatophiles,

Logged in this lazy sunday afternoon and whoa...what a deluge of comments. Thanks a ton folks. I absolutely loved the intensity... and I don't mind one bit for the "hijacking" if one could call it that. We are a mature bunch of guys in here who passionately feel for Fiat and everything we say are always with best of intentions. Sometimes tempers can flare but that's what comes with passion. I certainly have some strong opinion on some of the issues discussed here and its good @Avinash started a specific thread on this for us to post our views on and possibly agree on some concrete joint action plan to engage the authorities in Fiat. But before that let me begin with a quick update from my end...

Yesterday was a busy day!!! With State Bank (my financer) due to go on a nationwide strike until Thursday next week, I had to orchestrate a way for the loan disbursement to happen before that. At the same time I didn't want the payout to be initiated until Fiat/Tata carried out the promised replacements. So the branch manager suggested that he would hand me a bankers cheque (DD) which I can hand over to the dealers when I thought was suitable at my discretion. There was a crazy rush at the branch and it was well past lunch when I received the DD in my hand.

The next few hours went in organizing some third party in-showroom installations. I have opted for the stock Goodyear Eagle tires to be replaced by Michelin Primacy LC and for sun-films I am getting the V-Kool premium windscreen film as well as the elegance gold-dust for sides and rear.

Next, it was about arranging for the reverse parking sensors to be painted in body color. I did a bit of research online but none of the international brands that permit color coding of sensors do seem to be available in the country. Although Saikumar at Aadya Motors, has promised to figure out a way, he however admitted that they do not have any prior experience in doing this. So this is where I could use some help from the fellow forum members in recommending techniques to get it done.

The final leg of the day was all about planning the ICE-pack for the Smoking (t)JET. While it might call for a separate thread on a wider forum like Gearheads, as a heads up the setup is gonna be centered around the Audison BitOne processor. But for that I need to find an installer in Bangalore who has an RTA at its disposal and knows to use one as well. Being a thorough SQ (sound-quality) guy, as for the rest of the rig, I am leaning towards a complete DLS install with the Ultimate Nordica's in the front, Gothia's at the rear, and two Nordica 10" subs powered by a 4-way and a mono block Ultimate series amplifiers respectively.

So in the end it was a day well spent and I retired for the night with the hope and positivism that perhaps when the lady JET is finally ready, it will symbolize a synergistic culmination of timeless styling, raw performance, impeccable handling, reassuring safety, unparalleled comfort, thoughtful convenience, and finally a mesmerizing sound to deliver that delightful experience each day she will be with us and thereafter. An experience that would forge an emotional connect with every automobile connoisseur and influence the perception of the brand Fiat towards 'Guaranteed Admiration'.

until then keeping the faith...
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    An excellent choice on tires. I have also got Michelin PLC and buy, are they wonderful or what! What buy-back are you getting on the stock tires?
    Autocop and Xenos have color coded reverse parking sensors. Check them out. Infact, Autocop does on-premise installations as well.
    My 2 cents here - hold on to the ICE as of now. Since you are going for Audison BitOne, I presume you want to retain the stock HU, steering controls and Blue & Me. However, use the three for some days and you might realize that you dislike them completely! I'm fed up with the lack of separate remote control for the HU, lack of proper info display and the 4-step procedure to change tracks/folders/albums through the B&M/steering RC.

I, too, am a SQ oriented person. Initially even I was contemplating a DSP given it's strength in audio tuning over the best HUs. But the utter lack of user-friendliness of the stock ICE has changed my mind. I'm saving money right now to invest in a good HU (maybe Alpine 117 or Eclipse, else I'll resort to using my Clarion DXZ 785 USB). Plus, you can get a Linea color coded dash kit/fascia for about 2.5k as well.

However, if you insist on a DSP, you might want to contact Satya (I think his handle on TBHP is 'blueraven') or Anwar. You can check TBHP City Directory for their contact info.
  8. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    I'm paying 22k differential to get all the 5 replaced

I had checked with Xenos, they declined to color code the sensors. Autocop partially agreed stating that they can closely match them but wont be an exact match. I'll call them over tomorrow to check how closely they can match up. However, internationally there are reputed brands like Valeo and Autosonar who either factory ship color coded sensors for very many models and manufacturers. For those that are non-standard, they sell primer-ed sensors that are paintable

Can you please elaborate a bit more on this? What make, what size and where do I source it from?

TBHP doesn't consider me worthy enough to participate in their forum. They rejected my sign-up request twice. They are probably the elite few and we are the lesser mortals.
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Oops. That's a lot! I dont think he's giving you the best deal. You should ideally get around 5-5.5k for the stock tyre. And PLC is priced at around 9k. And why are you getting all 5 replaced? Ideally, if you are upgrading in the same size (205/55/16), you should just get 4 running tires changed.
    I was told this by my installer friend in Mumbai. I'll PM you his details.
    Do not worry. I have PM'ed you Satya's contact info.

EDIT - Sorry I could not figure out which color have you booked?
  10. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    Shouldn't we be rotating tire positions as a part of Fiat maintenance? If I remember correctly, one should rotate even the spare tire

Sunbeam beige