1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Buying a Linea T-Jet Plus - EQ vs IQ

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by xplorauto, Nov 1, 2011.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    What a surprise ..what a surprise..how come world changes so suddenly?

I cannot find a reason why I am so happy to see one more jet owner, instead I should be feeling jealous....is it fiat effect?
  2. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Congrats xplorauto!. Welcome to Jet Club. Happy to see one more T Jet on Bangalore road
  3. xplorauto

xplorauto

Bangalore
    Thanks folks!! However keeping my fingers crossed up until delivery...
    But what a spoil sport the petrol prices are playing...that's the only instance I envy the multi-jetters.....arrgghh!!!!!:mad:
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  4. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Xplorauto, first of all congratulations and welcome to the club!

Now IMHO, this entire thing about superficial rust on a nut here or a bolt there is being blown way out of proportion. I'm not saying one should accept a 'damaged' car, but one needs to put things into perspective. To my mind it's silly to reject the entire piece of engineering because of extremely superficial niggles. I'm not sure there's any brand that won't have such issues (perhaps we need a thorough and unbiased study and comparison of other brands to really know)

Are we buying a car that's a few months old? YES. Is that the reason they are offering discounts? YES... does it necessarily have to imply that we are buying damaged pieces? Certainly not.
    You have to weigh your urgency and need at this moment visavis waiting for 4 months and buying at a premium. Even then there's no guarantee that a brand new car won't have similar issues.

You have managed to negotiate a sweet deal for yourself and got the machine thoroughly checked by highly competent folks, and they have (I believe) certified it's worthiness to you in no uncertain terms. That's all that one needs to do. I can guarantee you that the moment you drive away with your beauty, all your doubts will vaporize :)

Again I would like to say that folks please don't misunderstand where I'm coming from. All I'm saying is to put things in the right perspective... I'm not at all endorsing that one should buy blindly or compromise or accept something that is truly faulty - but it's important to know what real deal breakers are by speaking to experts when in doubt.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Congrats, finally you are a satisfied customer :)

@ Satyajit - not to pacify you , but to be realistic if one is buying a brand new car after spending hard earned 10 lac rs, the car needs to be free of all defects, even if superficial.

fiat selling cars with superficial defects too will damage their already damaged image.

if they have old stocked cars, they can get them out from the stockyard to the factory, clean them perfectly, changed the totally rusted parts, coat them etc etc

it should not be customer at receiving end who should figure out these problems and run behind them " Still to buy their cars"

to be frank doing this activity does not take more than 3-4 hours max in the factory.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I believe culprit is "step brother" treatment toward Fiat from tata. probably Fiat might have handed the car to Tata for storage or distribution.... and we all know how it ends.
  7. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Agreed. Ideally they should take care of these issues at the plant itself. Fiat is carrying a lot of past baggage with them, no doubt and even a little thing can seem insurmountable. We can go on ad-nauseum about what they need to do to survive and compete and indeed THRIVE in India, but what good does it do for the potential buyer who needs to buy a car like Yesterday.

However, I am talking of the next steps looking ahead from where we the buyers can put things in perspective and be better informed. That's all. It's far from an ideal situation I agree.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    no yaar, the cars along with 1000s of tata manzas are lying just outside the assembly line in the big open area. its not even 300 metres distance from main plant.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

yeah, but fiat had a golden - i would say platinum chance of coming back with a bang by launching TJET.

remember how Yamaha sprung back with just 2 models FZ16 and R15. yahama was just going to stop india operations. but they tried their last chance, advertised properly and launched perfect products backed with 100% defect free quality.

they oversold in just few weeks.

TJET is a similar heart throb vehicle, and kick ass all its competition, honda city, vento, sx4, verna etc in all petrol variants.

just imagine a turbo charged petrol car in just 10 lac rs :)
  9. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Totally agree. Paying nearly 3k for a full tank hurts a lot. The MJD gives a much better mileage on a much cheaper fuel.
    Frankly, if Linea 1.6MJD had been available, or Vento TDI had been more spacious, I might not have bought the TJet.

And you have clearly got an awesome deal on an amazing car! Happy driving :D

-----

Italian-Linea, I think Satyajit & you are making different points. Satyajit is talking about logic, and his points are valid regarding how as a prospective owner I should be looking at a car when I inspect it.
    That does not take away anything from your points about how Fiat should be looking at it. After all, most decisions by most people are emotionally driven. I myself think (as I had mentioned in an earlier post) that even though logic suggested that there could be a really sweet deal here, I may have backed out in fear.
    In not ensuring that the car is free of defects for a genuine buyer who has already paid the booking amount, they are spoiling their reputation in the eyes of their own buyer - who should ideally be their biggest ambassador. If xplorauto had walked out of the deal, he could potentially not come back for life AND rightly bad-mouth Fiat to all.
    Come to think of it, we all in a way bad-mouth fiat when we talk about the problems with Tata Motors / TASS. We are not wrong, but maybe FIAT does not realise the how much harm it causes to its image when others perceive that fiat has amongst the highest percentages of owners who have to make unscheduled visits to the workshop because of some niggle in the car - even if its something insignificant as a front quarter glass plastic piece that fell off for some reason within a few days of delivery. Fiat must focus on getting right this last 5% bit on presentation to its customers.
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys,chill. Dont you think we are going offtopic.
    IMO we are trespassing into xplorauto 's T-jet ownership thread with our regular stories of "what fiat should do to sell more". it is not fair very Unfair.
    I beg you guys.